Saturday "tickles 'n' teddy bears"-fest

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Lund

Saturday "tickles 'n' teddy bears"-fest

Post by Lund »

Some people have suggested the spotty attendance for Saturday morning rides may have more to do with intimidating names like sufferfest and basass-fest as opposed to the weakness and softness of the people who should be showing up but don't.

So I'm testing that theory.

The tickles-n-teddy-bears-fest leaves Cook Street Starbucks at 6:05 am. Meet us along the waterfront if that five extra minutes of sleep is vital to your well-being.

The ride is 90 km from the start at Cook St to the finish at Dockside Green. Pace will average ~34 km/h.

If you're (a) not there and (b) one of the people who should be, I'll know my "weakness and softness" theory was right all along.
Fozzy

Re: Saturday "tickles 'n' teddy bears"-fest

Post by Fozzy »

This is what awaits for all that turn up. (none of the eternal glory crap)
Attachments
teddy-bears-31a.jpg
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

I can't make it tomorrow on account of being completely out with stomach flu...
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

Wish I could join you, but I crashed riding into work this morning and injured my knee. :(
wonger

Post by wonger »

Wish I could join you but I don't want to go.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Well, I was going to go since I love the abuse - verbal and physical - that's typically dolled out so generously on Saturdays but I'm full-up on teddy bears these days. Couldn't fit another one in the toy box. Anyway, the weather looks neither wet nor windy so I'd probably just be too hot out there. And confused.
Hope it was a fun one!
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Left the house a bit late (dreaming of fluffy teddy bears). Rode along the waterfront from Foul Bay and didn't see anybody. By the sounds of it, it was the Steve Lund solo ride.
Hope you are OK too Garth!
Lund

Post by Lund »

I left Cook St SBUX just after 6:05 and rode the waterfront to Uplands...saw nobody so cut it short and joined the OBB ride at 9:00.
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

After my extra five minutes of sleep which is vital to my well-being, I hit the waterfront and rode to Mitchell's Farm and back - I had to be at work before 9:00. I think Steve just slept in..........
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

My bikes are both broke but are supposed to get fixed tomorrow. I'm in for the Dec 26 and Jan 2 Sufferfests.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Sylvan - riding sufferfest with you would complete the mindf*** that is my switch from a sport that starts with r to cycling. You'd better show up now or I will Hunt You Down. If you're really badass, you'll finish up at the BD10M with me to help run the event you started so many decades ago.