The 'famous' Steve Lund on TedX Victoria

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

The 'famous' Steve Lund on TedX Victoria

Post by Alan »

Steve Lund going all TedX on us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsMMysaZRyg

Go ahead, watch it and wet your pants....
Bosie

Re: The 'famous' Steve Lund on TedX Victoria

Post by Bosie »

Very very cool talk- Well done Steve!
Craig B.
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

I was going to add my compliments to Steve's performance at the recent TedX in Victoria. The introduction was very clever, the delivery smooth and balanced, the use of graphics very informative and interesting, and of course the topic was compelling. But then Steve said: "Cycling can also be mind numbingly dull. Especially when you ride the same road and the same routes day in and day out". Didn't he just describe our Tripleshot rides? It's how I keep from getting lost!

Nice try Steve. :)

Alan: Poking fun at Steve is ...........fun!
Alan

Post by Alan »

I was there live in the McPherson to see Steve deliver his TedX debut talk.

In addition to his bit of magnificence, one of the treats of the day was seeing two cellists play AC DC's Thunderstruck. (it was a recording) If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat.

First, take the original for a test ride. Turn up the speakers. :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

And here are the dudes on cellos. I reckon if Steve and I were 18th century cello players and wanted to duel to the death, :twisted: :twisted: it would look something like this. I'm the guy doing the funky chicken at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk
stevierooks

Post by stevierooks »

I thought I recognized the 'Happy' from your 'Happy 2015' doodle.

https://www.strava.com/activities/46221053

Does this mean that I had a hand in igniting the inspiration burns so strongly in you now?

...Fricken good on you though sir! Everyone over at my house is impressed :D

Rooks
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I remember this, Rooks!

Where've you been? We miss you!

Martin
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Oh, Rooks. Stop being so agreeable. Assert your copyright claim on the content and your patent on the process so we can all make some popcorn and sit back to watch the show.

You know Steve has materially benefited from your works, right?
Lund

Post by Lund »

I will happily turn over to Stevie Rooks ALL of the material gains I made from the upper half of my Happy 2015 doodle...even though the only material similarity is that they both contain the letters H, A, P, P and Y. They're in the same neighbourhood, yes, but the routes are very different. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think his case is going to stand up in an IP claim.

That said, I had seen Steve's 2013 Easter message, and it certainly played a part in inspiring me to go out and see what was possible with a Garmin, a bike and a map of Victoria. Thanks for that, Mr. Rooks!
stevierooks

Post by stevierooks »

Thanks Steve. I talked to my lawyer and she says that while my case has merit, it is quite weak. I will not be proceeding with copy-write litigation. :lol:

It was curious to me though that you didn't manage to get a shout out to 'Tripleshot' while you were in the spotlight on your awesome TedX?

I miss riding and sipping coffee with you good people. Everyday is a new opportunity to get up early and go out for a ride with the club. Iv'e just been missing my opportunities.

Rooks