Alan's famous water fountain

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

Alan's famous water fountain

Post by Alan »

If you have ever been cycling down Stannard Avenue and wondered why some guy would install a water fountain in his front yard, then here's your answer....

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=766895
Lund

Re: Alan's famous water fountain

Post by Lund »

And you have the audacity to call it a "slow news day" when I'm on TV? Good grief.
sailor

Post by sailor »

You should sell the water to Nestle Inc. Stop letting people drink for free.
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

We're all just lucky to know you Allan ..... you are the opposite of "Get off my lawn!!". You also seem to be espousing the corollary to "A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind". :)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Jeez, I wish I had sufficient time for a poetic smackdown, Steve, but suffice to say when CTV got ahold of you for that Strava-Geek 'interview', I guess no one told you we Tripleshotters passed around the hat and raised the necessary funds. You wouldn't believe how much it costs to bribe a TV crew these days!
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Alan, that is fantastic! You would be a great addition to any neighbourhood!
Barton Bourassa
Lund

Post by Lund »

Alan wrote:Jeez, I wish I had sufficient time for a poetic smackdown, Steve
Don't worry — we're all delighted not to be subjected to another of your feeble attempts at meter and rhyme.

It's just too bad you didn't have sufficient time to be witty. Or even a little bit amusing.

On the bright side, you've proven your talent for being spontaneously moronic.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Hey, princesses. Quit quibbling about who’s prettier in front of a camera and get back to the things you excel at: obsessively riding your bike under the guise of artistry and ensuring the pets and fogies of Fairfield are adequately hydrated.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Claire, were you around when Kate Weber was with us? If I hadn't met you in person I'd swear you're her, using a new forum pseudonym (which I hope is high praise to both of you.)

And Alan, I always thought that thing was a bidet and an idol to your orifice devotion.

Speaking of the Winter Solstice 100... are we a Go for stupidity in the dark, a week on Monday? (I love me a good off-thread derailing on a Friday. :P )
Claire

Post by Claire »

No, I'm new here. Joined in the summer. But it seems like I've been around forever, doesn't it?
That's a f*cking impressive missive there, Rolf. I see why you haven't deigned attempt another post of substance in two years. That thing will live on into perpetuity. I'm actually assuming it ends as well as it begins, as I got hungry reading it and will resume my studies after a snack and a nap.
Oh, and you missed out on my cookies this morning. The gesture was inspired by you, giving up pieces of your muffin that day... Also motivated by my geeky impulses to make and share food.
John D

Post by John D »

That's a f*cking impressive missive there, Rolf. I see why you haven't deigned attempt another post of substance in two years.
See, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing Rolf was referring to when he said your posts reminded him of Kate's....simultaneously complimentary and insulting. Well, minus the potty-mouth anyhow. :wink:
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

I,m not too sure which category I fit into but I have enjoyed a drink from the old fountain :)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Ah Rolf. Good to see you back and posting links to the Ghosts of Past Slagging. Strava Steve might read up and develop some real powers of dissing your buds, such as your post:

"Philistines? :lol: Getting published in Common Ground doesn't anoint you a connoisseur of the aesthetic, Alan. It's more like a bucket of Crisco: super flaky and likely to cause internal swelling."

Ouch, that one still stings....
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Damn cold. I would have enjoyed your cookies, Claire. Yes, that thread ended well.

Alan: I hope the sting's subsided enough to share a few pulls on the 20th and muse on why Barton's cool with running our first "solstice ride" not on the solstice, when that was clearly out of the question two years ago. Once we get bored talking about that (100 laps does take some time) we can consider the likely retaliatory response of the gods from having willfully aborted the meaning impregnating the occasion (your metaphor, not mine!)

In honour of your admirable community spirit (and to wrestle this thread back to its origin), I'll also be sure to fill my bottles at your fountain on my way to the park.
bisonesque

Post by bisonesque »

Shoddy journalism. You know when they claim that Alan is "far from bizarre" that they have done no fact checking at all.

Alex
katew

Post by katew »

John D wrote: See, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing Rolf was referring to when he said your posts reminded him of Kate's....simultaneously complimentary and insulting. Well, minus the potty-mouth anyhow. :wink:
What the f*ck are you trying to say?

(Srsly, I miss you all so much. I even miss Claire because she sounds like she's an absolute riot. She also sounds beautiful, brilliant, and probably prone to kicking more than a few of your *sses on the Sprint for the Magical Manhole Covers.)

(Come to think of it, I do believe we have a lot in common. Claire, let me buy you coffee next time I'm out.)
kateweber.com
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Hey Alan...given all the old folks in Victoria (not to mention prostate-challenged cyclists) wouldn't a big antique porcelain toilet be a better choice for your front yard? I'm sure Steve would be happy to stop by and use it.

Martin
Claire

Post by Claire »

@ Kate - Awesome! I will gladly accept free food/coffee/beer/wine from anyone! But particularly other gals who can kick butt on the rides and/or this testosterone-heavy forum :D Fridays are a good bet to find me at coffee.
Mark C

Post by Mark C »

Alan,
I have just seen the video clip and yes that's a lovely Haws drinking fountain you have.
I have a couple of questions for you #1 did you take out a plumbing permit for it? and
#2 what the hell do you have on your feet????

Cheers Mark

PS: Calgary Steve Rules...........
Lund

Post by Lund »

Mark C wrote:PS: Calgary Steve Rules...........
+1