Thank You!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

BearPope Recruit

Thank You!

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Just wanted to say thanks to the tripleshot crowd for allowing me to join in on the group rides the last couple of weeks! They've been great and it's always amazing to see so many smiles at 6am! Definitely learning lots and my goal is to become an A one day!
Have a good weekend, Jen :mrgreen:
mlawless

Re: Thank You!

Post by mlawless »

Jen,

Welcome to the group - we must talk about goal setting - when you say things like "I want to be an A" it just encourages them. My personal goal - well it is really more of a grass roots movement is to make everyone into a C :o

We can all work together on this!

Michael aka the Slow Twin
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Ditto Mike: welcome to you too.

But re the 'c' comment, I dunno Mike, doesn't 'C' mean extra c offee? You sure rush off early after coffee for a guy who wants us to all be 'C's'. Unlike some guys (the evil twin?) who actively dissuade us from an extra 30 minutes on the bike in favour of more coffee.

And special thanks for offering to pilot Carly. You get to ride a tandem that weighs less than my bike! Gulp! :o
Last edited by Lister Farrar on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'll echo what Jen said, and say thanks for also letting me into the tripleshot biker gang. I however don't know if I ever want to join the A's I've competed against my brother (Josh) in other sports through the years and it somehow always ends with me hurting myself....... My goal is to be King of the B's ;)

Jeremy
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Jeremy,

I think it can be done. Two guys go off on a long-distance break away with Josh. Then they sit on his wheel from the begining of the climb up to Clover Point - I don't think he'll give up from there. The rest of us work for you - we just need to make the break away pass late enough and with enough speed.

JT :twisted:
Roland

Post by Roland »

compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
wonger

Post by wonger »

What Jen said x 3. My goal is to aquire the clown suit. And to be as well-fed as Rolf. And to grow up to be an A one day.

geoff
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Roland wrote:Image
Ok, the alias was inscrutable, but a matching image?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
iross

Post by iross »

I'd like to echo what Jen said. I've only been riding with you coffee-guzzling reprobates for a few weeks, but I have to say that you're the nicest, most inclusive and friendly bunch of road bikers I've ever met. It's a lot of fun riding with you guys and gals.

Now, I just need to figure out how to hamstring enough of you so that I can keep up with the As without coughing up a lung.

Ian.