Tripleshot Cycling Announces Junior Development Partnership

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

DavidB

Tripleshot Cycling Announces Junior Development Partnership

Post by DavidB »

Tripleshot Cycling Announces Junior Development Partnership with the Victoria Junior Lawn Darts Association.

Tripleshot Cycling and the Victoria Junior Lawn Darts association are proud to announce the release of a memorandum of understanding between the two associations, saying that this unique partnership with lead to better opportunities and training for both associations youth. Lister Farrar, head of youth development for Tripleshot Cycling, said "I have always believed that having a broad sampling of the many varieties of sport makes for better rounded athletes, and after mountain biking, track, and cyclocross, lawn darts just seems like the natural progression from there."

Mark Fu, the newly appointed youth program leader for VJLDA said "I think many people underestimate the importance of leg training for lawn darts. We also feel that adding a more commonly known sport to our youth program will help add a layer of legitimacy for our fledgling youth program. Working with Lister is a drean come true for us, with his incredible depth of experience in coaching." Andrew Els, the National President of Lawn Darts Canada welcomed the partnership, adding that "I hope that this partnership will help the VJLDA find some youth for their program, since I understand they've had some enrollment problems in the past"

This partnership is based around sharing of resources and time, and while the groups will mostly train separately, it will allow for unique opportunities for working together, including using the lovingly manicured darts pitch for cyclocross training, as well as allowing the youth of the VJLDA to work with willing moving targets, since the neighbor recently lodged an objection to them using her cat.

There is a precedent for these unique inter-sport partnerships, such as team Giant-Alpecin, and Cycling and Cross country skiing team.

For more information, you can email us at VJLDA+Tripleshot@tripleshotcycling.com
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
John D

Re: Tripleshot Cycling Announces Junior Development Partners

Post by John D »

Excellent! I think Champ-Sys already offers a kevlar insert option for their cycling vests. :wink:

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

As a smaller rider, I really welcome this inter-sport marriage, and hope it is expanded to include an adult division. Another great reason to ride behind Big Neil's pack in the pack to avoid a tack in the back.

Thanks for posting, David B. Good to see you're still active.
EricS

Post by EricS »

David=Awesome
Eric Simonson