TS Women's Ride going great!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Paula

TS Women's Ride going great!

Post by Paula »

We had our third women's ride on Thursday and we had another couple of new women come! We have had 16 different women come over the 3 rides and averaging 9.33 women per ride.

The no drop ride is going really well. The women who are a bit stronger are pulling a bit longer and those who are just starting out are learning it is okay to not take a pull or make it very short. AND we are able to keep it together going up hills as folks are keeping it at a pace that all can maintain. Very impressive.

To add to the greatness, we have coffee and treats at Good Earth at the end of the ride.

So if you happen to be fortunate enough to be a woman and like to cycle and have a bit of experience riding in groups, come on out Thursdays at 6 am at Pareto's (corner of Fort and Richmond).

IF you are interested but aren't ready to ride in a group yet, the 4th Annual Tripleshot Women's Cycling Clinic is running Monday nights April 13-June 8 from 6pm-7:30pm April 13-June 8. Registration is open. For more information or to register:https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/2015-wom ... lls-clinic
Rolf

Re: TS Women's Ride going great!

Post by Rolf »

Can I help? :wink:

https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/2015-wom ... lls-clinic

We had some Thursday women join their first TS Friday C ride today. It was a smooth one. So great to have rides for all comers!
Anika

Post by Anika »

Hey Paula! WOuld love to help out with the womens ride when Im in town at the end of the month. I could make the 30th and possibly the week after as well
Paula

Post by Paula »

Anika, that would be great for you to come out and ride with us. The women's ride is Thursday mornings at 6:00 (ish) starting at Pareto's.

The other day I was wearing your Tibco kit and some asked if I rode with you… haha. The second time someone thought I rode for Tibco. I'm such a poseur! If you can't ride fast, look fast.
Anika

Post by Anika »

Paula, love that you're rocking the TIBCO SVB kit! And half the battle is just looking fast lol

See you bright and early in a few weeks! Looking forward to meeting all the ladies. Super stoked that TSC is supporting and growing womens cycling at the grassroots level :)
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Nice Anika, will be fantastic to see you :)
13 women out this morning, so stoked to say. Awesome to see such a good turnout for the ride.
Happy Easter folks!

Kris