Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

TT - 25 Aug

Post by Plawless »

Anyone else coming??? Riding out? Meet at the Switch Bridge at 5:00
Roland

Post by Roland »

You mean 5:30? Or do you want to get there really early?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Sorry. It should be 5:30. I should slow down on the prenoon drinking!
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

See you at 5:30
Roland

Post by Roland »

Looking at the results, Peter was 1st. I was 3rd and Dave was 10th.

Overall, Peter and I are tied for 3rd with 46 points. With 2 hillclimbs remaining, I like my odds.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Roland,

Make sure that you do not ride beside Peter for the next few weeks - accidents can happen you know. Actually, you better make sure that Peter is in front of you at all times - you know, just like fire - you never turn your back on fire!

Michael
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

It was a surprisingly good night. The wind wasnt as bad as it was in Town and lots of people showed up. I set up David Mercer & Dave Spiers ahead of me as rabbits and that seemed to do ok.

As for the overall I think its Roland's to lose. Mt. Doug is the day after the Nanaimo2Victoria ride and last year (without the big ride the day before) I was more than 2 minutes down. The day of Willis Point I am in Vegas (and proving my timing is awesome I am there 1 week before Interbike!! GRR!). So unless Roland falls off..........

Ultimately I am hoping to stay in the top 10 overall but either way I have had a fantastic season (best to date!) plus look how awesome our club is doing!

Right now we have 8 of the top 17 Riders (hang in there Bill!) with 4 in the top 10 so I think its fair to say we have the best team out there from a performance perspective (not just looks & kit!). We also have won 5 of 19 races to date with a total of 16 rides in the top 3!!! That is awesome for a bunch of early risers.

If the ladies would race just a wee bit more they would also be a force to be reckoned with!

I know its a bit early but I cant wait to see how we are next year. Maybe 2010 can be the year we really dial in the team based tactics!!!
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

Way to go, Peter! I was on the bubble as to whether to go to the TT up until about 5:30 yesterday (couldn't get out of the office earlier). I thought I might go under the auspices of "someone has to come in last"...

I'm inspired to get some damn TT bars and do a few of these next year. Who knows, maybe even get a point or 2.

When Roland wins the B's does that mean he has to compete in the A's next year? Should we be ordering some "special" 3-shot jerseys (yellow for Peter, white for Jarius, polkadot for John, iron-clad for Lister...?)
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

um - you forgot... pink diamond for Art Boy :)
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

So Roland, what are you going to do? Cyclocross Race 1 or Mt. Doug hill climb?????

I cant do Willis Point (in Las Vegas) but I am around for Mt. Doug.........