Great B1 ride

Moderator: mfarnham

steve

Great B1 ride

Post by steve »

Great ride this morning - quick but kept everything together and for the most part, well controlled. I had us at 37.5 from Ash to Beacon Hill - looking back, a quick A ride was about 33 kmh back in 2009!

Steve
leftcoaster

Re: Great B1 ride

Post by leftcoaster »

+1

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/500523695

complete ride average 35.5
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

You guys were flying! (Mandy's Strava shows 18 top ten segments.)

It turned out to be the right day to try A, blow up early and then join the avuncular C's. 8)

I love this club.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Flying indeed. We were going so fast that I lost track of the laps and missed the sprint. See the video below for the last two or three laps of Beacon Hill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_rN2zV ... e=youtu.be
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Tried to come up the outside to get a better position until some nut :wink: shouted something about cutting into the group and I realized I had squeezed the paceline a little and sat up in moment of embarrassment. Should have attacked off the front, perhaps next time.
Kenji Jackson
wonger

Post by wonger »

roadflasj wrote:Tried to come up the outside to get a better position until some nut :wink: shouted something about cutting into the group and I realized I had squeezed the paceline a little and sat up in moment of embarrassment. Should have attacked off the front, perhaps next time.
My bad. Like I said, I didn't realize we were sprinting at that point. I thought we had another lap to go...
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Admittedly though it was a tight squeeze with 3-4 riders rolling through. I should've attacked hard to get around faster rather than attempt to integrate back into the line. Also I much prefer someone speak up during the ride then grumble about it post ride or worse during a coffee stop. Camera view was great btw and thanks for sharing it online.
Kenji Jackson
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I think it was just because everyone was fighting for the incredible draft I provide :oops:

Michael
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You B1's are way too intense! Even the A's post ride reports in General Banter rather than Stats and Race Reports :wink: