Saturday March 1 - 7am Alpha St. Starbucks

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Saturday March 1 - 7am Alpha St. Starbucks

Post by Plawless »

Meet a bit before 7 at the starbucks on Alpha St (by Mayfair Mall). Mostly reverse Sunday but we will shortcut over Sayward. Then down to Discovery Cofee by OBB for 8:45 and then onto the OBB Saturday ride.

It'll be awesome. Plan for a solid B pace but keeping it together. Goal is long not fast - the fast wil happen on the OBB ride.

Peter
EricS

Re: Saturday March 1 - 7am Alpha St. Starbucks

Post by EricS »

In! And the OBB ride has had two groups almost every ride this year so far, so don't be intimidated!

See you at 6:51 AM !

Eric
Eric Simonson
steve

Post by steve »

I'm in barring any snow.
EricS

Post by EricS »

That was "fun". After 132 km, I got home and curled up on the floor in the fetal position. After several minutes of sobbing, I was able to shower and eat. My body was so tired, that even peristalsis was not possible. I had to push the food into my stomach with a broom handle.

Five hours later...

I can now walk again, although I get massive quad cramps when using the stairs or putting on socks.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's ride! (not the 200! sorry Mark)

See you all then,

Eric
Eric Simonson
John D

Post by John D »

EricS wrote: I can now walk again, although I get massive quad cramps when using the stairs or putting on socks.
Get some of these....take 'em before a long ride, during the ride, and after the ride (like, all day after the ride). Dave gave me a handful of them during a bad cramping incident on one of the longer Sardinia stages last year and they worked like a charm.

http://www.rei.com/product/752839/hamme ... 0-capsules
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
katew

Post by katew »

The Endurolytes saved my bacon more than once back when I was marathoning. I don't think anything, however, could redeem the morning you had, Eric. Congratulations and condolences. I got put off by reports of snow on the radio at 0515 and opted for a spinning sweatfest on the upper deck at the Commonwealth instead.
kateweber.com
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

used to get those cramps too. Dr. Rob Hasegawa, our favourite chiro, recommended a daily bedtime dose of magnesium, calcium, potassium. No more cramps.
Barton Bourassa
Lund

Post by Lund »

I'll have to try some of these remedies. I've been taking Midol because the package promises temporary relief from cramping, but it just doesn't seem to work for me.