Ryder Ride, Sept 22

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Ryder Ride, Sept 22

Post by barton bourassa »

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great ride this morning. I had a lovely walk along the Dallas waterfront with my little dog. After 3500 m of climbing and 250 K on Friday and Saturday, it is time to rest and prepare for the Ryder Ride!!!

In preparation thereof, I talked with the folks at Disco Coffee at Menzies and Michigan to see if they would open early, 6 AM. I mentioned to them that Serious Coffee next door opened early for us last year. Disco will call me this afternoon.

Who is doing the ride next Sunday?
Barton Bourassa
John D

Re: Ryder Ride, Sept 22

Post by John D »

barton bourassa wrote:Good Morning! I had a lovely walk along the Dallas waterfront with my little dog.
Good lord man, just HTFU!!! Seriously though, you've definitely earned yourself some tapering time before next week's TDV. I can't count the number of people who've (generally admiringly) questioned your dedication/sanity these past few weeks. :wink:

Take care buddy,
J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Brently_G

Post by Brently_G »

I will be there on sunday :D Hopin for nice weather and to not ride a big portion of the ride solo!
BRob

Post by BRob »

Barton,

I am riding too. I also think Curran and David Ley are planning to ride. I'd like to roll out with a bunch to TS B's.

Blair
Curran

Post by Curran »

Yep I'm riding. Really hoping for nice weather too and would be great to ride in a nice group working together
spearson

Post by spearson »

I will cheer on the race in Sidney before joining in. I will try to make the morning coffee before riding out to the start.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I just registered. Happy to join for early coffee beforehand.

Martin
barton bourassa

I talked with the owner of Disco on Menzies. He would like a guarantee of $150 in sales in order for him to open a half hour early on Sunday before the ride. I told him I could not provide that guarantee. He will not open early.

I talked with the owner of Serious Coffee just down the street. They usually open at 7 on Sunday but they will open for us at 6 AM. Serious Coffee on Menzies between Michigan and Toronto. Spread the word to others!! If you have contacts with other clubs, pass it on please.

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Dave L

Post by Dave L »

See you at Serious. I do not anticipate finishing in a time that will require me to wait for the beer garden to open!

Dave
Anika

Post by Anika »

I will be there for pre-ride coffee, 140km ride and post ride beer. See ya guys there!
bradzarikoff

Post by bradzarikoff »

I may make a late arrival to Serious, but if not, see you all at the start!
Brad Z.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

See you all there.
Cheers

Neil
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Have a great ride, all!
A coincidental team-colour (?) salute from my baking daughter for you

Kris
Attachments
image.jpg
barton bourassa

That is fabulous Kris! Well Done Kika. I am sure they taste as good as they look! Go Baby Blue!!
Barton Bourassa