I am not very creative…

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Dave L

I am not very creative…

Post by Dave L »

....when it comes to naming my bikes. Having duly followed Rule #12, I have two road bikes. One is a white aluminum Rocky Mountain Oxygen 10, which on Strava, I creatively refer to as Rocky, in order to differentiate it from my black plastic bike, a Kuota Kebel, which with equal creativity, I have named Kebel (although as I write this, I am thinking of renaming it Quebelle, given its phonetic equivalence). Jen Offord is rather more creative - her bike is called Beyonce, for reasons made clear in her blog http://jeninspired.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/wrestling/.
katew

Re: I am not very creative…

Post by katew »

Some names come easier than others.

My old black aluminum roadie was named "Spider," because it was black and really skittery and, to be honest, I was afraid of it at first. I miss Spider.

My new plastic roadie, a screaming secondhand deal, landed in my lap the same day as the perfect house and good news about an ailing relative, right before Christmas. So I named it "Tyche," for a goddess of fortune and prosperity.

The Scott CX bike is "Angus."

My old hardtail commuter is named "Tank." No explanation necessary.

My new (to me) hot pink, full-suspension MTB, is, therefore, "Pank."

The P3 TT bike was named "Alice" in a long, over-thought attempt to riff on the TS "Alces _____" motif from a couple of years ago. Not my best work, but after my partner named his new P3 "Ralph," I was committed. :)
kateweber.com
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

'Klein' and 'Ridley'. The one born in the USA had (RIP) a German name and the one born in Belgian has an English name. I blame their mom. Kate, You own a bike with "Scott" written all over it and you called it Angus?
John D

Post by John D »

I'm guessing you all sleep in your TSC kit, too, huh? :wink:
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley