Bastion Square - Thanks!

Moderator: mfarnham

BearPope Recruit

Bastion Square - Thanks!

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I wanted to say thanks for letting me hang on to the back of the Friday A ride for the last couple of months & never balking at me for not doing a fair share of the work. I've sat on the back, pulled through on the front, incorehently mumbled go ahead as doorperson, and had riders, such as Andrew & Peter, give me an extra push over the top of a few hills or a wheel to draft to get me back to the pack. Much appreciated.

This definitely served me well on Sunday at Bastion for making the attempt to bridge from Cat 4 last year to the Cat 1/2/3 race. These Friday rides honed my mental fortitude and determination to not give up. And that made all the difference at Bastion for what I would best describe as relentless.

Also a huge thanks to those who came out to watch & cheer. It was fantastic to have voices all around the course yelling at me to go and get on a wheel, especially near the end of the race, and helped me not quit.

Thanks for the support & happy pedaling! ~Jen
dreeves

Re: Bastion Square - Thanks!

Post by dreeves »

Jenn, you were awesome at Bastion! It was great to see you not just 'hanging on' but digging deep all the way to the end and contesting each lap. Keep up the great work. Make sure to save something for CX come September!

d
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!