VCL #3, Latoria

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

VCL #3, Latoria

Post by sylvan »

I guess maybe 16 in the A race, 35 in the B race, 14 in the C race? Something like that? Seemed like a pretty substantial field in the B race and it got sketchy a bit in the first few laps, with cones flying everywhere. Nobody bailed. I was kind of planning to domestique for Mike or Anika but it was too chaotic. It was pretty fast for a B race, 38.1 km/h, but if you're not up front driving the pace and attacking it's a lot easier than a Tripleshot A ride. I didn't spend much time at the front, just one long pull along Latoria on about lap 3. There were lots of pointless accelerations that didn't really stretch the field much. On the last lap everybody started getting frustrated that it was too tough to move up. I weaseled my way up a bit but was only about 9th around the last corner so there wasn't much chance to finish too well. Found a gap on the right just before the line and ended up about 5th or 6th I think. Meh. No idea where everybody else was.

What kind of tire pressure do you use? I ran about 70 front, 95 rear tonight thinking it might get a bit wet. It didn't but it seemed to give really good stick dive-bombing into the corners.
Jimmy49

Re: VCL #3, Latoria

Post by Jimmy49 »

As Sylvan said, large and very fast B group again! Right from the start, a couple of riders tried breaking and got the HR moving quickly. I'm a bit of a mutt at this level so only hung on for a few laps before I missed a few gears and got shot off the back on the hill. Worked hard for two laps but no chance of getting back on and time trialed the rest of the way. Good workout anyways...
I left my tires at 100psi and was still tracking hard on any line through the corners at speed. A little rough on the down hill so I'll drop the pressure a bit next time for that.