June 28th master's Race

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

June 28th master's Race

Post by Plawless »

Dont forget this is the 2nd of 2 races our club is putting on this year so come on out and race (if you are over 30) or help marshall etc. Cant leave all the heavy lifting to Kim & Joe who are the bosses on this one.

Details from BC Master's website:

June 28 - Sunday 12:00 Victoria 40-80K RR rolling + hills BCMCA Metchosin Rocky Point Rd. Triple Shot Cycling

its gonna be fun people so come on out!
majorjake

Post by majorjake »

I have raced it in the past :) Awesome course no where to hide...
Has the route changed ? They have done road work at the entry point onto Kangaroo rd . Might be a little sketchy :shock:
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Still looking for volunteers... maybe a few can commit for Sunday's race.? There has been little response so far and our club makes $$ off this race so.....

We still need 2 directional marshals (no traffic control experience needed) and a few people to help at the finish line. Sign on and food table is taken care of.

Anyone able to lend a hand?
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Scheisse!

This is the last week of school and it's followed by get-away weekend. Don't go camping - it will be crazy.

So, I am away with the kids. I am hanging my head in shame, especially after abandoning the tribe on TTT weekend too.

:oops:

JT
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Scheisse!

This is the last week of school and it's followed by get-away weekend. Don't go camping - it will be crazy.

So, I am away with the kids. I am hanging my head in shame, especially after abandoning the tribe on TTT weekend too.

:oops:

JT
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

I see Michelle Calbick (Ryan's wife) has answered the sound of trumpets and has volunteered to help us out at the race. Anyone else willing to help out at a race we are hosting and receiving money for?????

We still need a couple of finish line people and at least one Raod direction marshall (no experience or ticket required)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I will marshall or whatever is needed; I haven't ridden enough lately with this cold to race. I may be able to convince Liam to ride out with me and marshal too.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
bill

Post by bill »

Sarah and I are in as you know. I could be a pylon if you wish. Can't move much so wrap me in orange.
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

Have a great day guys. Afflicted with that thing called work..