Volunteers Needed: TSC Events Throughout Summer

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

katew

Volunteers Needed: TSC Events Throughout Summer

Post by katew »

LINK TO VOLUNTEER SPREADSHEET IS BELOW

Tripleshot Cycling is a leader in Victoria's cycling scene thanks, in part, to the fantastic events we throw or assist with. We need your help. Please set aside time for these important events and then record your commitments in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Great events, including the Monday night Intro to Racing series at the Speedway and the Dallas Road TT, cannot go forward without a significant showing from our membership. We are as proud of the argyle on the sidelines setting up fences as we are when it's streaking down the road. I should know. I've set up a lot of fences. Streaking down the road, not so much. ;)

Opportunities to Excel include:
  • Event Location Date
    Intro to Racing #1 Western Speedway 4/29/2013
    Intro to Racing #2 Western Speedway 5/6/2013
    Intro to Racing #3 Western Speedway 5/13/2013
    Intro to Racing #4 Western Speedway 5/27/2013
    Dallas Rd TT 5/31/2013
    Speedway Race (VCL Points) Western Speedway 6/12/2013
    Intro to Racing #5 Western Speedway 6/17/2013
    MEC Bikefest Ogden Point 6/23/2013
    Speedway Race (VCL Points) Western Speedway 8/7/2013
    TSC Hurricane Ridge Ride D'uh 8/18/2013
Volunteering your favourite rival for every event you want to win is Not Cricket and will backfire unpleasantly on you. Besides, you can volunteer and race at some of these (Dallas Road in particular), so, there.
kateweber.com
John D

Re: Volunteers Needed: TSC Events Throughout Summer

Post by John D »

Kate...many thanks for putting this together!

To everyone else, I would strongly encourage you to sign up and volunteer for at least one TSC-sponsored event. Heck, if it were up to me it should be an expectation for membership in the club. Hmmmm (note to self), perhaps something for next year's AGM Agenda?

Either way, volunteering to organize/marshall events is a really great way to give back, not just to the club but to the broader cycling community in Victoria.

Cheers,
John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Please note that there is also a Monday night Beginner/Introduction to Race on APRIL 22nd. The women's clinic will be out that night, as well as on May 13.

Your help & support is much appreciated!

And I'm in for helping & racing the Dallas TT. This is an awesome event to be involved with!
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Can anyone tell me what the timings are for the Speedway Intro this evening?

Thanks,

Michael
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Hi Folks. MEC has asked us to set up our tent and have a precence at the Bike Fest on Sunday June 23. Sadly it is Masters Race Day. Kate, Paul and I will be at the Bike Fest, promoting the club. We are there to promote TripleShot Cycling and all that we do and are.

We need another 6 or 7 people so that no one person has stay all day! Please let me know if you have an hour to spare sometime between 10 AM and 4 PM. The event is at the breakwater.

Thank you one and all!!!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa