Race report???

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Race report???

Post by Plawless »

Well? Roland "the banana" Rabien scored a 3rd and Jarius in his 1st eclver race for TSC came 8th. Kudos gents but where is the story?
Roland

Post by Roland »

Race report: 19 laps of hell. They told us 20, but somehow a lap got lost somewhere. 18 B's on the line, it started fast, with Casey attacking right away. There were non stop attacks for the first several laps before it settled down. I just chilled at the back saving me legs. Norm got a flat and Gavin broke another spoke fairly early on. Joe pulled out of the race around half way, not sure why.

With 7 laps to go, just as one attack was getting caught another attack took off. This was the one to be in, so I went for it. Steve Lund, Jarius, Andy Pitre and Shailie in the break. Me somewhere in no mans land unable to bridge up and the remains of the pack behind. With a few laps to go, Jarius got a phone call and slowed to answer it and got caught by the pack.

In the final sprint Steve Lund took it easily, Andy 2nd and Shailie a few seconds back in 3rd. (But she doesn't count, so I got 3rd) I was about 1 minute back from the leaders with the pack about 20 seconds behind me. Casey took the pack sprint.

Brutally hard race, got dropped on the way home and rode home alone. :(

Here is a graph of my heart rate vs elevation:

It's pretty clear when I was in the pack and when I was on my own.

I was happy with my race, I pushed as hard as I could. Just wish I had of responded to the break a little quicker...
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

Holy shit Pete! Think that the team's doctors need to have a look at that ECG!
John Guthrie

Post by John Guthrie »

Don't ask me why Duane put me in the results as a tripleshotter, now Peter will be chasing me for $$$. Maybe it will help the club get the "team" award!
Roland

Post by Roland »

John Guthrie wrote:Don't ask me why Duane put me in the results as a tripleshotter, now Peter will be chasing me for $$$. Maybe it will help the club get the "team" award!
It's our latest recruiting technique. Welcome to the team.