Last night's Newton Heights race

Moderator: mfarnham

Jimmy

Last night's Newton Heights race

Post by Jimmy »

There was a small field all around last night with roughly 20 making up the A,B and C field. Andrew and I were the only two TS'ers to start (Roland DNS with missing gear). I passed one tail rider and I guess my power (getting passed by a C racer) made him pack it in and DNF'd. Otherwise, I was keeping track of the rear of the field finishing 9th (last). Good news is I only got lapped once vs twice last race.
The REALLY GREAT NEWS is my counterpart Andrew crossed the finish in 1st!!! Great job Andrew and wish I could've been there to see the final sprint as it looked like everyone was bunched up when you went past me.
Andrew

Re: Last night's Newton Heights race

Post by Andrew »

Thanks Jimmy! It was a small pack out for the last crit of the year. Roland wasn't able to race without his helmet and there was no spare anywhere to be found. As a joke Buce posted 25 and 21 laps on the first lap. There were quite a few minor attacks in the Bs but the group brought them back quite quickly. Everyone seemed to be suffering in the warm conditions. Roland was having fun running up and down the hill with his iPhone videoing riders and dishing out abuse to Jag. Jimmy impressively kept his head in it, grinding it out hard on a hilly TT. On the bell lap three of us went off the front with Brodie trying to get away. Chris Paul was chasing and I was on his tail, and we caught Brodie at the base of the hill, then Brodie dropped his chain. Chris thought for a while that I was his IRC team mate but realised it was me too late, and I got around him on the last hill. Nice to get a few breaks and to get a win!
Roland

Post by Roland »

The footage unfortunately is quite poor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRjj1_PZrUs
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Congratulations Andrew.

JT
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Way to go Andrew! You've been riding strong for a while now.
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

Good work Andrew. I think the beard is helping :wink:
Brian E
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Great work Jimmy and Andrew and the rest of the crazies who think going uphil is fun :shock: By the way that is not a beard it is a UCI-legal fairing - "Speed Whiskers" they are very Hairodynamic!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks John, Stephane Brain and Mike! I think it is the whiskers. I kept getting passed by Trevor, Brent and Martin and can't keep up to Mike. The only common thread between the riders that I could address before the end of the season was the facial hair 8) .