Caleb August 15th

Moderator: mfarnham

Andrew

Caleb August 15th

Post by Andrew »

So, I got caught out wth a technical issue (cleats). How did the rest of you do? It looked hot out there!
Lund

Re: Caleb August 15th

Post by Lund »

The B race was great fun. Highlight of the night for me was reeling in the other Steve Lund after his breakaway on the third lap from the end. On the final lap Richard Wilcox and Jag got away at the top of the climb and opened up a sizeable gap. Midway down the straightaway, I decided to bridge. Luckily, no one came with me. I reached R & J at the rise just before corner 2. They were gassed so I just kept going and managed to eke out a win. Few things are as terrifying as glancing over your shoulder halfway up the hill to the finish line and seeing the rest of the pack bearing down on you like rabid hounds!
Jimmy

Re: Caleb August 15th

Post by Jimmy »

So there really is two of you SL's?! Great effort and result!!
Andrew, sorry to hear of your mech. Having just serviced my pedals a few hours before the race, sounds like I overted a similar outcome.
C's were made up of Richie and myself. Four of the O2 strength and a herd of Zebra youth. O2 kept their plans well hidden and mixed themselves through the field but we were anticipating the moves and kept them from forming anything serious before the final lap. Richie moved to the front and I sat in with Harry and Simon (O2). The run into the hill was well worth the wait as I had hooked on perfectly and blasted past the O2 team but slipped a gear and lost a half wheel to Simon and wound up 4th or 5th with Richie in second as he tried to hold us off.
Good fun race and, yes, it was a warm one!!