Caleb Pike - May 6th

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Caleb Pike - May 6th

Post by Plawless »

Its on tonight! I think we should OWN this race!

Switch Bridge at 5:15 for those riding out (and hey even if you are not racing why not ride out to check it out?)

Should we plan to spring one of our Argyle gazelles (Bill, Joe, Bigring Taylor) and see what we can do as a group? Or even look at it as an opportunity to practice sticking together in preparation for Satuday's main event!

See you tonight!
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Count me in!

What are your guys plans if it's raining? Throw the clip on fenders on the race bike, or ride the winter bike?

I'm not in the points running, so I'm happy to work for the team. Let me know the strategy and I'll giv'er all I got!

I'll still be in 'stealth mode' - so I can always launch some sneak attacks and force the others to chase while the team keeps the GC contenders protected in the pack.

Wow, that sounded way too hardcore. This is the VCL B race and not the Tour right?
bill

Post by bill »

See ya at the bridge. Will put clip on fenders on for the ride out, but they will have to come off for the race.

Bill
Duane

Post by Duane »

Race cancelled due to rain- just checked with organizers - Duane
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Sucks to rain!!!

Oh well, will save some extra energy for Saturday!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
Roland

Post by Roland »

Duane wrote:Race cancelled due to rain- just checked with organizers - Duane
Hmm... joined today, 1 post. How do we know this is really Duane and not IRC trying to trick us?

Hopefully everybody got the message before riding out.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Clearly a scam. Bill and I rode anyway. Man it was my night to win. I ripped the cranks off my bike riding the waterfront! (honerst - ask Bill I actually ripped the cranks off!). Thanks to Galen for the lift!
Roland

Post by Roland »

Plawless wrote:Clearly a scam. Bill and I rode anyway. Man it was my night to win. I ripped the cranks off my bike riding the waterfront! (honerst - ask Bill I actually ripped the cranks off!). Thanks to Galen for the lift!
You didn't happen to take a picture did you? I can always use more photos for my blog: http://www.bustedcarbon.com/2009/02/no- ... s-off.html
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

It really didn't look like Peter - thankfully I was there to drive her home, poor thing, broken crank - but that Peter, she's strong... :? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_V54WWNeyyp4/S ... cd59_b.jpg
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Joe and I were at Caleb Pike last night. He was first and I was second, really. For some reason they didn't give us the points though. Scam indeed!

JT