Very Special ,New ,Exciting Event: " the BIG LOOP RIDE"

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Paul C.

Very Special ,New ,Exciting Event: " the BIG LOOP RIDE"

Post by Paul C. »

Join us if you can for a FUN day...only 270km.

YES, It is "The BIG LOOP RIDE"..... sure to be a summer Classic!!![A great training event for your next
all night, 400 or 600km ride.

WEDNESDAY,JUNE 6 Leave Cook St. Village Starbucks 6:10a.m.[opens at 5:30a.m]
Approximately 270km ....Victoria -Sooke-Port Renfrew-Lake Cowichan-Duncan-backroads to Mill Bay ferry at about 3 or 4 p.m. to Brentwood Bay - Victoria. Finish with coffee, Candy ,Burgers??and hi Fives.

Early Bird Entry Fee: ZERO A.B+,B-,C and even D riders are welcome.

Start training now...you have 29 days,
or do "a Mike Lawless" and just show up Wed., June 6.with no additional training!!
Stay tuned for more exciting details and information .....or buy Paul C. or Mark Ford a coffee for an exclusive V.I.P. pass.......don't miss it Folks, it's the First Annual BIG LOOP RIDE [A nonprofit event]
John D

Re: Very Special ,New ,Exciting Event: " the BIG LOOP RID

Post by John D »

Hi Paul...

Unfortunately I'll be out at sea that week, so my riding will be limited to a stationary bike in the ship's gym. :wink:

Anyhow, I hope it goes well for you guys. For anyone else who might be considering this ride, know that it's well worth the effort, with some truly spectacular views and (hours in the saddle aside) not nearly as hard as you might imagine!

John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
gab

Post by gab »

Great idea!

But why on a Wednesday?
John D

Post by John D »

>But why on a Wednesday?

'Cos Mark is retired and Paul sets his own hours. And if I sound jealous it's because I am. I've even taken to buying lotto tickets in a vain attempt to finance my dream of quitting work and riding my bike every day. :wink:

JD
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Wednesday is our "day of rest" [like Sunday 's,for church, etc.,] but people over 55 need two days of rest from life......sooooo, We bike!!

MORE INFO on the "BIG Loop Ride":
Its Wednesday, June 6--- leave 6;10a.m. Cook st. Starbucks. Return via Duncan and back roads to Mill Bay ferry which leaves at:
1;50,3;00,4;10, 5:20,or 6:30 p.m. and ride home from Brentwood Bay. We figure the 4:10 or 5;20... .We will have a sit down lunch in downtown Port Renfrew and adequate stops at Tim Horton's and 7/11's, for coffee, snacks and washrooms.{Mark Ford and Ken Bonner have slept in most of them }

Tell your friends...Its the First annual "BIG LOOP RIDE" Only 270km !!!!!
"its just a fun ride"

Watch this space for more exciting news and updates. pc