Cycling Movie Night at the Roxie

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

esilnarson

Cycling Movie Night at the Roxie

Post by esilnarson »

Mark you calendars for Thursday the 15th at 7:00 pm. Looks like a good one.

https://www.facebook.com/events/372287802784220/
Brian E
barton bourassa

Re: Cycling Movie Night at the Roxie

Post by barton bourassa »

can't/won't do Facebook. do you have another link?
Barton Bourassa
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

Thursday, March 15, 2012.

7:00pm until 9:00pm at Roxie Theatre on Quadra

Join us as we kick off the 2012 Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series and showcase "Blood, Sweat + Gears", a cycling documentary about the Garmin Pro Cycling Team during the 2008 and 2009 Seasons.

Ticket price is by donation with proceeds to go towards promoting cycling events in Victoria and to help fund cycling development for young local cyclists.

There will also be a raffle for some cool prizes.

See you there!

Proudly brought to you by the Russ Hay's Racing Cycling Club Society

A Film by Nick Davis

Blood Sweat & Gears is the story of a unique American professional cycling team, a team devoted not only to cleaning up the sport of cycling but to succeeding in the Tour de France. Setting off from the frozen roads of a Colorado winter, racing over the dangerous cobblestones of the Spring classic Paris-Roubaix, and finally arriving at the Champs-Elysees, the grand Parisian boulevard which marks the end of the Tour de France, this riveting, eye-opening documentary takes viewers on an incredible emotional journey, following the ups and downs of an underdog cycling team as they try, against all odds, to ride triumphantly into Paris.
From the intensive daily training required to compete at the highest level to the glory of winning races against the world’s best pro riders, Blood Sweat & Gears captures the passion and suffering of this simultaneously beautiful and brutal sport.

FEATURING: David Millar, Mike Friedman, Magnus Backstedt, Christiane Vande Velde, Jonathan Vaughters, Matt White, Doug Ellis, Lara & Danny Pate, Will Frischkorn, Allen Lim, Team Garmin - Chipotle/Slipstream (Special Cameo with Ryder Hesjedal)
Brian E
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Anyone going to this tonight? We could chat race strategy as well.

JT
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

I will be at the movie.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I'll be there. Not sure if I have much to contribute towards racing concepts/tactics but I enjoyed observing the race last weekend. More importantly, just ordered some new wheels from Brad! I may just make it out to a race - when it's not snowing/hailing and cold enough for ski gloves... :lol:
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I'll be there. A strategy chat over beer at the 5th Street could work.
Brian E