Sunday Dec 4, 7 AM Dept Disco

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

To confirm, there is a group going long on Sunday AM leaving Discovery Coffee on Discovery between Government and Douglas at 7 AM. The coffee shop opens at 6:30.

For those that don't want to go for 100 k or so at 7, I am sure the regular Sunday ride is still on leaving Fairfields Starbucks at 7:20 or maybe 7:30!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
AlW

Re: Sunday Dec 4, 7 AM Dept Disco

Post by AlW »

It's looking like tomorrows low temperature and dew point is going to be similar to today so I suspect road conditions will be similar as well. My street is still white with frost and it's going on 10am. If conditions are similar elsewhere, it doesn't bode well for a early start tomorrow.

If anyone did the 6am gig this morning, I'd be interested to get some feedback on the state of the roads.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Rode at 9:00am this morning, just got back now. Roads were great by then, but the odd shady spot was still frosty.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

So, is anyone interested in riding at 9:00 tomorrow instead?

Michael
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

You guys should come ride in Kona, it's way warmer here. 34 degrees at the base of the Kawaihae climb to Waimea yesterday. I'm in pretty bad shape and almost had to give up half way to the top. Then I got sick from drinking too much full-strength Gatorade, blech. I'm hoping to get in a few more rides here so I'll be able to do some Tripleshot rides in a couple of weeks. Have fun tonight!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/132287392
katew

Post by katew »

I just ran down Finlayson Arm road at noon today and I have to tell you it was still seriously greasy in the shade. I can't imagine Ross Durrance Rd being much better.

But I've been wrong before.

Incidentally, the idiocy that led me up and over Mt Finlayson before I hit the aforementioned road may mean that Munn Road and its kin look far less attractive tomorrow morning than they did when I thought today would be a gentle trail ramble.

I may speak to my running parter/navigatrix again someday. "Oh, come along this way! A bit of a climb, but the view is awesome! It won't hurt a bit!"

<whap>
kateweber.com
barton bourassa

Should we stick with the regular route tomorrow up the Penninsula? Later start?
Barton Bourassa
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

That certainly sounds like a better option. I am in for a 9:00 start at Fairfield Starbucks for a regular SOCIAL Sunday ride...
barton bourassa

Sounds good to me too. Maybe go long but all start at 9 at the usual spot.

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

I spoke to a few people tonight and it looks like we will have a decent group at Fairfield Starbucks at 9am.