Margaret Jenkins cross practice.

Moderator: mfarnham

DuncanGrant

Margaret Jenkins cross practice.

Post by DuncanGrant »

Had a really great time this week at the cross practice, I felt the strongest I have all year! The whole group of juniors went early to help set up the lemonaide and hot chocolate stand, and to ride with the little kids. And boy can those kids ride!! They were bombing those hills fearlessly, and dismounting and remounting like pros! After the kids ran their race it was ime to do mine, I had a lousley start but was able to makeup some posistions throughout the course, especially on the corners. I strongly suggest if you are not as confident as you'd like to be at cornering in cross, talk to Lister about attending a cross skills practice. I was able to pass a couple of people that were way faster than me by using the techniques Lister taught us about how to corner. Overall it was a really great race, and I got to help support the next generation of cross racers!
-Duncan
bikehart

Re: Margaret Jenkins cross practice.

Post by bikehart »

Thanks Duncan (and the the rest of you juniors) for riding with the kids and helping out with the bike club fundraiser. Griff had a ton of fun.

Hugh