Goodbye Beer for Ryan, don't cry

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

glenowyn

Goodbye Beer for Ryan, don't cry

Post by glenowyn »

Ryan c. may be leaving Victoria this Saturday. Anyone interested in having a beer at Spinnakers and telling him what a great person he is and how you have benefited from riding with him.
5:30, Friday at Spinnakers. I hope Jeff and Libby show up with another pitcher.
jj12

Re: Goodbye Beer for Ryan, don't cry

Post by jj12 »

I'll be there.
Barman

Post by Barman »

Does anyone actually have proof that he is leaving? I mean, I don't mind buying him a beer, but...
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

Barman wrote:Does anyone actually have proof that he is leaving? I mean, I don't mind buying him a beer, but...
Not to worry, you won't be out of pocket for my beer.

Ryan
glenowyn

Post by glenowyn »

I guess it is not a goodbye beer for Ryan, I don't know what to say but he has asked to cancel it.

Thanks to all of you who said you would have been there it would have been a fun evening.
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

I want to apologize, foremost to Glen for getting the rug pulled out from under her in setting this up, only to have me request its cancellation. I am in the unenviable position having my job prospect evaporate at the last minute when, up to now, all seemed a green light. So, without getting into details, I felt a 'goodbye' party would be premature. If it ends up I am to stay in Victoria (and destiny seems adamant in that regard), then we can all have a Spinnakers gathering for better reasons on another Friday. I apologize for any confusion I have caused and I hope Glen can eventually forgive me. :oops:

R
Barman

Post by Barman »

Or to keep it simple, do we really need a reason?
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Damn it - that the job might not work out.

Darn it - that I didn't read the post and ended up at Spinnaker's.

Damn it - I backed into a tree on my way out of Spinnaker's.

Great - that we haven't seen the last of you Ryan.

JT
glenowyn

Post by glenowyn »

i'm sorry that all that happened to you John. I didn't know if I should just show up because like Barman I really don't need much of a reason to have a beer. I guess that just means we should find another evening just to have a beer with whoever shows up, because I don't always make it out in the mornings and get to see everyone
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Very little harm done (small crack in the rear light lens). Heidi read my post, so there's that - she's never hit anything with the car. Anyway, we could have celebrated Ryan's tentative plans to stay. Maybe next week.

John