Sept. 21 Wednesday Night Cycle Cross at EMJS

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

glenowyn

Sept. 21 Wednesday Night Cycle Cross at EMJS

Post by glenowyn »

Margret Jenkins Bike Club is hosting the next Wednesday Night Cycle Cross Race. There will be kids races from 4 to 5:30 and than the usual adult race after and kids selling lemonaid. This is the first of two that they will be hosting

The Bike Club is using this as a fundraiser for equipment so please support The Bike Club and bring some extra money for the use of the school fields. In the past Mike has also found bikes and given them to some of the kids so they could take part in Bike Club as well as the structures really need to be rebuilt. All those parents who say they have kids who want to race should show up.
Lister Farrar

Re: Sept. 21 Wednesday Night Cycle Cross at EMJS

Post by Lister Farrar »

Bump. This is a really good event for kids to see, even if they are not sure they want to ride. Bring them, and they'll probably end up doing a 1/2 lap or 1 lap race against other kids of their choosing. Likely nothing too organized. They can bring a friend and race them, and only if they want. The course seems to inspire kids, and there's no need for it to be formal; just come and do what they feel like.

Some of the juniors will be there to encourage and ride alongside.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'll be there, and I even heard a rumor that our fearless leader Peter was gonna do some cross this year, maybe he'll come out tonight seeing as it's only 5mins from his house
:P
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

is it still a 6pm start?
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

4:30 for kids, 6:00 for adults. bring a donation for the bike club and a twonie for lemonade.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4