Nanaimo TTT 21 Aug - Call for Teams and Volunteers

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Ok, our last big hosted event of the year is coming up in Nanaimo on August 21. We have run this event the last few years and it has always been a ton of fun. I expect that coming hot on the heels of the Provincial TTT everyone is raring to go and have another crack at what is without doubt the coolest event in cycling. Dont let your teams disintegrate. Keep riding and really go for it in Nanaimo!

HOWEVER its a bunch of work to put it on so unless I have at least 6 teams signed up online here by Friday I will cancel it. It should be easy to get six as I will allow junior teams and senior teams from TSC to race although they will not be eligible for the BC Masters' medals (obviously). The race is 68km BUT if juniors or some teams want to do 34km that would be doable as well.

I also require a minimum of 6 marshals to run the event (plus a few other assorted folks who can race as well as help with registration etc). I need to know we will have 6 marshals by Friday as well.

so... over to you to sign up here:

Team 1 -
Team 2 -
Team 3 -
Team 4 -
Team 5 -
Team 6 -

Marshal 1 -
Marshal 2 -
Marshal 3 -
Marshal 4 -
Marshal 5 -
Marshal 6 -

I note also that Dave S. and Al W. (who are ALWAYS volunteering) have already commited to helping out....... how about YOU?

Peter
Lister Farrar

Re: Nanaimo TTT 21 Aug - Call for Teams and Volunteers

Post by Lister Farrar »

Plawless wrote:Ok, our last big hosted event of the year is coming up in Nanaimo on August 21. We have run this event the last few years and it has always been a ton of fun. I expect that coming hot on the heels of the Provincial TTT everyone is raring to go and have another crack at what is without doubt the coolest event in cycling. Dont let your teams disintegrate. Keep riding and really go for it in Nanaimo!

HOWEVER its a bunch of work to put it on so unless I have at least 6 teams signed up online here by Friday I will cancel it. It should be easy to get six as I will allow junior teams and senior teams from TSC to race although they will not be eligible for the BC Masters' medals (obviously). The race is 68km BUT if juniors or some teams want to do 34km that would be doable as well.

I also require a minimum of 6 marshals to run the event (plus a few other assorted folks who can race as well as help with registration etc). I need to know we will have 6 marshals by Friday as well.

Team 1 -
Team 2 -
Team 3 -
Team 4 -
Team 5 -
Team 6 -

Marshal 1 -
Marshal 2 -
Marshal 3 -
Marshal 4 -
Marshal 5 -
Marshal 6 -

I note also that Dave S. and Al W. (who are ALWAYS volunteering) have already committed to helping out....... how about YOU?

Peter
'Have to check with the juniors for the full teams, but I expect both boys and girls to ride. I'd suggest 34 km. for juniors. The strongest can do more, but the last rider will often be less trained. Better to do too short well than too long badly. Maybe allow strong juniors on senior teams if they really want to go long?

Plus me, John T, Alan Cassels, and ? are in.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
jj12

Post by jj12 »

In, just need to get some teammates or i can volunteer either way i'll be up there!! 8)
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Marshall/generally useful person! Right here!
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

DavidB wrote:Marshall/generally useful person! Right here!
Aren't you supposed to ride it? It's in the junior plan! :twisted: Let's talk about a team that you'd like before you commit to marshaling.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Evan.Carey

Post by Evan.Carey »

I'm in and looking forward to it.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

ok so where are teh teams:

Alce Elegante? Josh? Ryan? Gavin? and?? (Peter?)

Alce Minore are in (Evan, Liam, David (?), Duncan)

Alce Vivace- Glen cant make it but Vanessa, Jen, Minda and ???

What about those wise and cagey riders? I suggest "Alce Saggio" - John T, Alan, Lister, ??

I also know that Brenna, Alex and the two Aviawest girls are doing it.

Who is racing on John G's team?

I also think we need to get Stephane and Geoff on a team - hey, what about with John G?

Seriously folks - lets get some names down here.......
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Sadly I am out. (Sorry John, Alan, and Brad) 'Thought I could escape a family wedding, but cannot. 'Rather suffer with you guys.

Brenna and Alex are in, but Farisha and Nicola are racing the Kelowna tri same day. Am asking two Comox girls today.

Evan is in, but Liam is out for the reasons above. Duncan probably in, but away this week. David might be persuaded if we find a team for him, but he doesn't want to impose on Evan and Duncan. Working on that too today with the other island clubs with juniors.
Last edited by Lister Farrar on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Alce grigio veloce (the Fast Grey Mooses) has a committed team which includes,
Alan Cassels., John Taylor, Brad Head plus either Jim Pauly or Barton Bourassa--both who have agreed to be part of the Fast Grey Moose train. If everyone can show--and with old guys with their aches and pains and spouses with other plans, nothing is certain-- we'll have a spare rider. (Peter says only 4 per team) In the event we all actually get to Nanaimo, we may need a second Old Moose team. Any 48+ riders out there I haven't harassed yet? Eric P.: did you get a pass from Dolly? Dave Spiers is still a hopeful (he also has a fast bike and pointy helmet)? Maybe Norm? Brian S. has been bugged but has not committed yet. Barry and Marcus? You were born before 1963 so don't be shy...

I am banking on the organizers still having those fudgy handicap rules in place where young fast people get to experience a new form of loserhood because of the magic of demographics and arithmetic. Get the champagne ready Grey Mooses!
4827north

Post by 4827north »

Lister Farrar wrote:
Plawless wrote:Ok, our last big hosted event of the year is coming up in Nanaimo on August 21. We have run this event the last few years and it has always been a ton of fun. I expect that coming hot on the heels of the Provincial TTT everyone is raring to go and have another crack at what is without doubt the coolest event in cycling. Dont let your teams disintegrate. Keep riding and really go for it in Nanaimo!

Team 1 -
Team 2 -
Team 3 -
Team 4 -
Team 5 -
Team 6 -

Marshal 1 -
Marshal 2 -
Marshal 3 -
Marshal 4 -
Marshal 5 -
Marshal 6 -

I note also that Dave S. and Al W. (who are ALWAYS volunteering) have already committed to helping out....... how about YOU?

Peter
'Have to check with the juniors for the full teams, but I expect both boys and girls to ride. I'd suggest 34 km. for juniors. The strongest can do more, but the last rider will often be less trained. Better to do too short well than too long badly. Maybe allow strong juniors on senior teams if they really want to go long?

Plus me, John T, Alan Cassels, and ? are in.
And Brad. Team 48+.
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
debh

Post by debh »

Are mixed-gender teams permitted?
---
It was 11 more than necessary. -- Jacques Anquetil
jj12

Post by jj12 »

Looking to join a team or make a up a team takers? recruits? let me know!! :D
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

jj12 wrote:Looking to join a team or make a up a team takers? recruits? let me know!! :D
I have to check with the "home office" but I'm tentatively in for a team.

I think Simon and maybe Mike Arensen are also looking. That makes 4 of us...
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I think I will be up for a ride that day. Anyone interested in the slower Lawless?

Team:
1. Michael
2. Al Wilhelm
3. ?
4. ?

Al, why have you not posted your name yet? - That is okay, I will post it for you!
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Mike L: Although you might be a bit on the young side I would be willing to join you, Al W. and either Jim P. or Barton from the team 48+ overflow to make a foursome. I do have 56 years to my credit.
glenowyn

Post by glenowyn »

Alan, Eric should be giving a pass to Dolly because Dolly should be on a team that day. Roland B. could also be talked into being on a team
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Apologies Tripleshot I women, I won't be able to be part of the team this year :( . We will be off on a kayak trip during the TTT. I understand there are alot more women riding now though, can you get some new recruits? We did have a mixed team a few years ago also, when there weren't enough for a womens team (as I recall Mike B. and Chris M. pulled most of the race).
jj12

Post by jj12 »

Sounds good Quentin.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I'd be up for trying another TTT! I talked to Kristin (Krostini) and she’s also interested in joining Alce Vivace….
If we don’t have enough though Id be happy to volunteer

PS how much does it cost to enter?
jj12

Post by jj12 »

My girlfriend is also looking for a team she's able enough to compete. If someone is looking for an extra girl let me know please thanks. Her name is Julie. julievanveelen@hotmail.com