Training Plan for Vancouver to Whistler?

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Kevin F

Training Plan for Vancouver to Whistler?

Post by Kevin F »

Hi All,

With 7 weeks to go before 'Race' day I am starting to plan. Anyone got any advice for planning my training for V2W from now to race day.

I have my base fitness covered. I feel stronger now than Tour De Victoria. My goal is to beat Alan's time of last year...therefore I by default should beat John T. :)

From now to Aug 2, I have Latoria, maybe Hurricane Ridge, and maybe a TT. But at this point I want to make sure I am setting up best for V2W

I have week off the bike completely planned from August 6th to August 12th for a family vacation.

What should I be focussed on? Long slow rides? 3 hour race simulations suffering? My issue last year was craps galore. I got a few in a Tour De Vic but they where late and fuel based I think. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Plawless

Re: Training Plan for Vancouver to Whistler?

Post by Plawless »

given what your biggest reported problem was I think the easiest fix is Immodium.
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

Peter, Thanks for the insight...but I was stopping for number 1s :) due over hydrating.
wonger

Post by wonger »

I need the same plan/advice. What I think I need is more LSD to compliment my regular TS rides. Thoughts?
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

wonger wrote:I need the same plan/advice. What I think I need is more LSD to compliment my regular TS rides. Thoughts?
You don't need any LSD rides as long as you're banging out a weekly 100+ miler.