Worlds

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Worlds

Post by wonger »

July 17/11 12:29 pm - CCA Announces Road Worlds Short List

Posted by Editoress on 07/17/11

The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is pleased to announce the short list of athletes named to the selection pool for the 2011 UCI Road World Championships, to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark from September 19-25.

The Men's Elite pool will be announced in August, while the complete and final Canadian contingent will be announced mid-September (expected to be September 12th, after the Montreal Protour race).

Vincent Jourdain, head coach of the Canadian road cycling team program, will lead the Canadian team, supported by Denise Kelly and Luc Arseneau.

Junior Men

Alex Cataford [Ottawa, ON] (2011 Canadian Junior Champion, Time Trials)
Emile Jean [Trois-Rivières, QC] (2011 Canadian Junior Champion, Road race)
Adam De Vos [Victoria, BC]
Yohan Patry [St-Jérome, QC]
Christopher Prendergast [Winnipeg, MB] (2011 Canadian Champion, Criterium)
David Onsow [Lachine, QC]
Ben Perry [St. Catharines, ON]
Elliot Doyle [St. Gedeon, QC]
Charles Matte [Jonquière, QC]
Simon-Pierre Gauthier [Boisbriand, QC]
Nigel Ellsay [Courtenay, BC]
AdamD

Re: Worlds

Post by AdamD »

First stage of Abitibi is today, lots of strong teams here, team presentation was yesterday.
86Km into town followed 25km on a finishing circuit in town, finish goes up a hill then flattens for about 30m. Think Caleb Pike with out the downhill into it, something Phil Gill would win on.
photo from the team presentation:
Thanks to everyone who supported me in any way :D
Adam de Vos
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

I missed this post when it originally went up. I suspect many of you did, too, as no responses were posted. I have to say I am proud to be part of a club that has been fortunate enough to have the dedication shown by Eric, Lister and Peter in positioning Adam (and all of our juniors) to make the most of their opportunities. Adam's talent is obvious to us all but it might never have brought him to this point without the kind of support he's had through the past two years from family and coaches.

Adam, you are a hard worker and a fine young man and you deserve all of the success you have and will achieve. I look forward to seeing your progress at this level. Red and White suits you. Now we just have to do something about that haircut! :wink:

Remember us when we ask you to sign one of your team's jerseys when you turn pro!

Ryan
AlW

Post by AlW »

RyanC wrote:Adam, you are a hard worker and a fine young man and you deserve all of the success you have and will achieve. I look forward to seeing your progress at this level. Red and White suits you.
+1

What you've achieved in what seems to be a short period of time is truly impressive.

Al
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

+1