Team Time Trial

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Team Time Trial

Post by barton bourassa »

I heard the team trial is scheduled for Aug 6. Has there been any chatter about forming teams? I am interested! Don't even care if I get picked last!! It is only two weeks away.

Barton
Barton Bourassa
Jimmy

Re: Team Time Trial

Post by Jimmy »

Newbie question:
I'm always interested in trying most anything. I assume in order to do a TTT one would have to have a time trial bike, aero helmet, racing license/insurance and most importantly - experience? Is there classes for newbies w/o having to have all the gear?
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Jimmy: The juniors are doing it on standard road bikes, no areo gear. We will get crushed, but that's how we roll.
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I like your spirit in going old school... Very cool to go low budget and post the best time you can!But, speaking of old school, in my mind I imagine myself as a junior but at 47 I'm pretty sure I'd stand out in the juniors. :lol:
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

You're a junior at heart!
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
gab

Post by gab »

Hey Jimmy, you do need a license.

Does anyone know if a citizen license would work?
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Jimmy wrote:Newbie question:
I'm always interested in trying most anything. I assume in order to do a TTT one would have to have a time trial bike, aero helmet, racing license/insurance and most importantly - experience? Is there classes for newbies w/o having to have all the gear?
You do not need a TT bike, just 3 other 'friends" to do it with, your time is determined by the finish time of the 3rd person on your team. It's in your best interest to try to find teammates that are around the same strength rider as yourself, or you will suffer!!.
And I'm pretty sure a citizen licence will work, for more info go to http://cyclingbc.net/cycling-bc/membership-types/
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)