Sat Aug 6th BC TT championships Duncan- Marshals needed

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Sat Aug 6th BC TT championships Duncan- Marshals needed

Post by Lister Farrar »

It's not 100% yet, but it's looking good. Comox Valley CC says they are sending 12 of their juniors, and Avia West as many as are around, and 4 of ours so far, so we have a junior field already. But we will need marshals.

All marshal positions will have more than one person, so you will have company, and the shift will be no longer than 4 hours, probably less. Middle of the day, probably 10 or 11 to 2 or 3, so not too early; maybe even ride up? Social event at the golf club after, details tba.

Just the idea of this has had quite an effect on the juniors. Brenna had a TT position set up with Barb Bialokoz, and three of the boys (David, Evan and Adam) have committed to doing the TTT as well as the TT. (Alex and Farisha are away, but would ride if they were here. Alex will do the Aug 21 TTT)

If you can help, indicate below and I'll follow up by email.

The course is Cowichan Lake road just east of Tansor , 20 km to the turn around just before Lake Cowichan village. 40 km for most, 20 km for u 17 and hand cycles.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Lister Farrar

Re: Sat Aug 6th BC TT championships Duncan- Marshals needed

Post by Lister Farrar »

It's on! By now you will have heard Peter's appeals for marshals and other volunteers after rides.

Actually, it's more important that we get riders to fly the flag and help us cover costs. But we do need volunteers for about 10 marshal positions and another 6-10 helpers with registration, starting and turn recording.

The jobs require only normal adult skills; you won't be directing traffic so much as being a visual reminder to traffic entering the course that they should look a little harder for fast bikes than normal; a really dozy driver you might have to wave your sign at.

The job requires meeting at 10 just outside Duncan at the Duncan Meadows Golf Club at 6507 North Rd. Duncan, then about 4 to 5 hours max at your position. Everyone will be working with others, so sign up with a friend. Social event after at the golf club. If it's hot, there's great swimming at several points along the Cowichan River.

Jeremy, Dave S, Bernie P, Shaillie, are already signed up. Thanks to you!
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
arfenarf

Post by arfenarf »

Lister, I'm in. I'll be taking David (anyone's kid need a lift? I can take one more) up to Duncan and will stay and marshal the race.

Kate
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

arfenarf wrote:Lister, I'm in. I'll be taking David (anyone's kid need a lift? I can take one more) up to Duncan and will stay and marshal the race.

Kate
Thanks Kate!
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Hi Lister,

Allison and I may be able to help out. Will call you tonight after we discuss up-coming family plans.
Cheers,
Jimmy
EricS

Post by EricS »

Pretty sure I can come and help out. I may need a ride though.

Peter: give me a job and I'll be there, even if I have to ride my bike up there!

Eric
Eric Simonson
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks Jim, Alison and Eric. Much appreciated. Duncan Meadows golf club, meet at 10 for assignment and equipment.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)