NewtonHeightsJune29

Moderator: mfarnham

JohnT

NewtonHeightsJune29

Post by JohnT »

Don't set your alarm. Sleep in, or get up and make breakfast for your wife/husband/partner. Then come to Newton Heights for 6:30 pm. We need at least two to go out on a break. That will force the challengers to drag Kevin around the course. Ideally, we leave four others in the pelloton to share the job of protecting Kevin. If the first two guys in the break get caught, the next two go. And so on. So, a minimum of six not including Kevin. Hey, if we got eight guys out it would be a lot of fun to see what happens when we just keep sending sacrificial lambs up the road. If I remember correctly, no one else is high up in the overall standings, yet we've got many who can attack a hilly course. Let's just have some fun! We'll need some people on the side lines keeping track of things. There are even upgrade point on the line tomorrow.

JT
mat_baker

NewtonHeightsJune29

Post by mat_baker »

I could prob play that game.  Don't have any 3shot kit to make it convincing. Anyone riding out tomorrow?
-m
Greg Miller

Re: NewtonHeightsJune29

Post by Greg Miller »

I may be able to do this if I bring the kids along. Anyone have older kids there that could keep an eye on a 7 and 9 yr old?
mat_baker

NewtonHeightsJune29

Post by mat_baker »

Greg, my original plan was to come out and take some pictures so if nobody can help out I'd happily keep an eye on ur kids.
-m
Dylan J C

Post by Dylan J C »

Ill be out, meet 5:15 at the switch bridge?
The day I quit is the day I die, and probably not even then.
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

I'll be racing but will likely take a different route out to the race.

-kjf
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

I will do my best to convince Clare (12 yrs old) to come - she's great at keeping track of younger kids. I'll let you know (with a post here) as soon as I can. We need more people to make this a serious effort. I had a look at the VCL site and I was right - no one but Kevin really has a shot at a high placing overall, so lets just go and throw caution to the wind (and rain) and see what happens.

JT
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

I've got childcare set up. Thanks John and Mat for your offers.
mat_baker

NewtonHeightsJune29

Post by mat_baker »

5:15. See u there Dylan.
-m
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

Well, I thought only sailboat races where cancelled due to wind. What are the odds that a power line would go down in the short Newton Heights course? It did. John and I arrived just behind the fire truck, which was sent out to block the road till Hydro got there. Too bad, it would have been fun trying to get Kevin a win.