Latoria June 15th - Cancelled

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Latoria June 15th - Cancelled

Post by Plawless »

From Marty Clermont:

its official. latoria is cancel on account of the pending Canuck victory tomorrow.

very sorry to have to cancel the race. many volunteers agreed to help, but was clear they wanted to enjoy this historic hockey game... so in support of them we thought it best to cancel this race.

please forward this to everyone you know. Please!!

LivetoBIKEtoLive

Marty
RH
Josh.E

Re: Latoria June 15th - Cancelled

Post by Josh.E »

oh, man.

Bike races cancelled for hockey games?!?
I'm glad this insanity is over tomorrow. Did you know hockey is the least participated in spectator sport in Canada? As in, the lowest percentage of people who watch it feel compelled to get any exercise actually doing it.........I wonder how many hockey fans can even skate? :wink:
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Lames... :(
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

That is just pathetic - are we seriously cancelling a race for people who DO sports for a bunch of slobs that WATCH sports?

GO BRUINS!! Hockey sucks....
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
4827north

Post by 4827north »

All the more reason to attend Malcolm's learn to track race clinic tomorrow night... 4pm-6pm or 6pm - 8pm. Contact GVVA for details. FYI, the folks that are wanting to track race but have no experience on the JDF track or have zero track racing experience or very little, like me, these learn-to-race clinics are required before being permitted to race.
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Perhaps this is a good reminder of how crucial volunteers are in running VCL races (and many other cycling events)! I have yet to give up my opportunity to race or my time in order to volunteer this season so my thanks to those who do!
jj12

Post by jj12 »

Race cancelled that's lame!!! Good call gavin!...lol :lol:
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

You weiners. If you really want to race tomorrow night, I'm sure you could drag race down almost any road safely - every sensible person will be watching the game :P
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

shawnc wrote:You weiners. If you really want to race tomorrow night, I'm sure you could drag race down almost any road safely - every sensible person will be watching the game :P
+1
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Quentin wrote:
shawnc wrote:You weiners. If you really want to race tomorrow night, I'm sure you could drag race down almost any road safely - every sensible person will be watching the game :P
+1

Aint nothin' sensible about hockey fans.....rioting and tearing apart the downtown of your city when a sports team loses.

only other group with that little sense are guns n roses fans :wink:
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:Aint nothin' sensible about hockey fans.....rioting and tearing apart the downtown of your city when a sports team loses.
It wasn't the hockey fans rioting. It was professional anarchist rioters. I was there. I paid $60 for a $5 ticket to watch game 7 on a giant-sized movie screen in the Pacific Colisseum. I missed the actual riot action. I was underground in Champagne Charlie's on Granville St. I walked out and inhaled some tear gas but the streets were deserted by then.
Josh.E wrote:only other group with that little sense are guns n roses fans :wink:
I want to see Buckethead live. Was he part of guns n roses when that riot happened?

Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Is this what this guy was playing (Vancouver is becoming impressively multicultural).
http://youtu.be/zjFz-qm_-MA?hd=1
Tutto il rosa della vita
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Oh, I enjoyed that, Brian. Got me changing lightbulbs!

Gav: you don't really mean to call race volunteers slobs, do you? :shock: Cuz that's what they might think reading this. :D
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Josh.E wrote:
Quentin wrote:
+1

Aint nothin' sensible about hockey fans.....rioting and tearing apart the downtown of your city when a sports team loses.

only other group with that little sense are guns n roses fans :wink:
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/arti ... s-lose-cup
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... ars-ablaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmEl8Kx6N8
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Now unconfirmed rumours of a bruins fan being pushed off the viaduct and killed, and another being stabbed.....
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Josh.E wrote:Now unconfirmed rumours of a bruins fan being pushed off the viaduct and killed, and another being stabbed.....
The guy that fell off the viaduct was trying to jump across from one side to the other, more than likely fueled by molson, they didn't mention if he was a boston fan, he wasn't pushed. however some people did get stabbed.
but on a more positive note a facebook group was started so people could upload photos of the people causing all the trouble so others that can id them would, they have already identified some of the morons that were lighting cars on fire. you've gotta wonder if they noticed the thousands of people taking pictures and video taping them when they where acting like idiots, did they think they get away with doing this crap?
And another group that has organized a mass cleanup of the downtown for tomorrow morning, it has almost 10000 members http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... ebook.html
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Small group of idiots making the rest of the Vancouver fans look bad.
Nice to see the cleanup group being organized. Some are calling for Vancouver games to "go dark". (No fans allowed at Rogers) for a season as a penalty, similar to franchise penalties for british football riots.

I could feel the same vibe out on the streets in Victoria post game, as I walked home from a movie with Ella. Mostly just dejected, with some drunk idiots around. Walked by a couple groups of people who were talking about finding and beating up a bruins fan.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/20 ... ImgId_9822