Bastion Square

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Bastion Square

Post by jeremy »

Here's some video from today, I would have liked to get Adam's race but my battery died, and Roland dominance but I got downtown too late, but I got Ryan's 2nd place finish in the Cat 3
There is also: some timbits footage, and the Highschool race
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremymeric ... ature=mhee
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Josh.E

Re: Bastion Square

Post by Josh.E »

Any other TS results to report? How did Roland end up in the cat4 race? Peter?
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
AlW

Post by AlW »

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder here, but I have to say this....

Roland is the MAN!
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

I think this is the result of too much coffee....
IMG_0233.JPG
Roland

Post by Roland »

All I can say was is 'damn, that was close.' Standard race plan, attack early, attack often. Attack from the gun, got caught. Rested, attacked again, and again. I'd attack, somebody would bridge up, we'd get caught, my partner would sit up and so would the group so I keep driving the pace and open the gap again. I think I only spent 5 laps in the pack. I never managed to open much of a gap, but with 5 laps to go it must have 10 seconds or so, so I figured I could make it, with 2 laps to go I could see the see the chase was on and they were closing fast. I managed to hold on, but it was sooo close.

Stats:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/88970740
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

AWESOME!
congrats man. nice work
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

So cool.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Roland wrote:Standard race plan, attack early, attack often. Attack... attacked again, and again. I'd attack... I keep driving the pace and open the gap again... I managed to hold on.
This is so awesome, one of the most epic races ever. All those supposedly pointless attacks on grim drizzly mornings and the road trips to hard races add up and pay off. Chapeau!
Duane

Post by Duane »

results/photos are partially up - should be finished by end of day

http://www.duanebc.com/

or

http://www.duanebc.com/raceresults2011/Bastion2011.html
Roland

Post by Roland »

Elite Men Results: http://www.duanebc.com/raceresults2011/ ... iteMen.htm

I advise everybody to look at who came 16th, and then look at the list list of names that DNFed. That was a crazy fast race. I have never seen so much pain on Adam's face. Great ride.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Roland wrote:I advise everybody to look at who came 16th, and then look at the list list of names that DNFed. That was a crazy fast race. I have never seen so much pain on Adam's face. Great ride.
+1

Congrats to everyone!
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

dumb question - did the DNF's actually not finish or were they at least one lap down? :?:
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

where to start - our team ROCKED. We had action heroes in all the events! Roland was MONSTROUS! On the downside this will only encourage him.

Brenna and Alex were awesome as well. Trading pulls and being smart! Nice to see. Plus Katie doing her bit for a solid Cross season.....

Gavin looked solid and Chapeau Ryan!!! on yer way back to Cat 2 buddy! 8)

Adam really threw himself in at the deep end in Cat 2 - well done for our young friend with the junior gears!

As for me falling down sucks! I fell over hard doing about 40, all reports are that there was no sliding. I actually thought I had "pulled an Ethier"! I did manage to get my leg over the bike after a few tries and got back on after my neutral lap but really couldnt pedal properly etc. It was all I could do to stay with the lead pack. So out of the points yet again :? Eeyore looms!

Anyway well done all on course and off. it was spectacular hearing all the cheering etc. What a cool club to be a part of!

Peter
Roland

Post by Roland »

leftcoaster wrote:dumb question - did the DNF's actually not finish or were they at least one lap down? :?:
They didn't finish. Lapped riders were being pulled.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

From what I saw in the elite race Adam got caught in the case group with only him and Rob britton not having teammates in the breakout, it looked like red truck who had 4 in the chase and hr block who had 2 were doing some great blocking, rob managed to get on the front of the chase and pull the 25sec gap down to about a 12 sec gap, but then the blocking continued. Adam looked right at home in cat 2
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Roland wrote:Image

All I can say was is 'damn, that was close.' Standard race plan, attack early, attack often.
No kidding. First gap. After 25 meters!
http://duanebc.smugmug.com/Sports/Camer ... 23_Mkwsh5d
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
emilederosnay

Re:

Post by emilederosnay »

jeremy wrote:From what I saw in the elite race Adam got caught in the case group with only him and Rob britton not having teammates in the breakout, it looked like red truck who had 4 in the chase and hr block who had 2 were doing some great blocking, rob managed to get on the front of the chase and pull the 25sec gap down to about a 12 sec gap, but then the blocking continued. Adam looked right at home in cat 2
Very happy for the "I wake up at 5am" crew
Well done Adam. Great to see you do so well in such a strong field.
Ryan!
Roland!! (BTW, I owe some money...)

I made a report. Well, it's not really a report, it's more of a reflection on disappointment, interspersed with some of the weekend's racing, and ending on the up:

http://emilederosnay.com/2011/05/30/wor ... pointment/

Enjoy.
Roland

Post by Roland »

I was talking to Bruce Falk who was running the finish line camera, it's looks a lot closer in Daune's photos, but I won by about a 10th of a second. The difference between Brena and Sophie however was 1000th of a second. One pixel difference on the high speed camera.
AlW

Post by AlW »

Plawless wrote:where to start - our team ROCKED. We had action heroes in all the events!
+1.

Lots of exciting racing and a great showing by our fellow Tripleshotters. Well done!

Also great to see plenty of TS'ers show up to watch and cheer on the crew.
4827north

Post by 4827north »

+1.

Yes! Well done everyone.
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011