Call to current and potential trackies ...

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

RyanC

Call to current and potential trackies ...

Post by RyanC »

I am putting it out to TS that this looks to be the decisive evening for the Velodrome in Victoria. I can't overstate how valuable this asset is to our cycling community and how integral track racing is to rider development. Note the meeting time below and walk, ride, or carpool out to show support. I will be there and plan to ride out and should be there between 7 - 7:30. See details below
Lister Farrar wrote:Note the decision is not yet made and a big turn out at the West Shore Parks and Recreation Society meeting Thursday May 19th 7:00 (Juan de Fuca recreation centre, golf club house, lower level) could really help. I plan to drive out. Anyone wanna ride? I have 6 seats.

This councilor thinks attendance will be key.
Moralea is our biggest supporter on the WSPRS. She thinks a huge turnout would be important on Thurs May 19, so let’s get the word out!

Mike Cooper

Vice president, Greater Victoria Velodrome Association

http://www.gvva.bc.ca

velodrome@shaw.caFrom: Moralea Milne [mailto:moraleamilne@gmail.com]
Sent: May-12-11 6:00 PM
To: Michael Cooper (coopermedical@shaw.ca)
Subject: Velodrome story

Hi Mike,
A nice news story about the Velodrome saga and potential opening, please forward to Chris. Hope to see a huge turnout on Thurs, to ensure we get the velodrome open!
Moralea
http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_is ... 24809.html
Plawless

Re: Call to current and potential trackies ...

Post by Plawless »

meeting time is now 6:00pm.
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

Thank you Peter,

I will be there. Who else is going?

R
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Arg. This might sound paranoid, but this sure looks like typical tactics of WSPRS. I can't go now. This should be an incentive for even more folks to go, so they don't get away with switching meeting times to avoid the supporters of the track.

I suppose I should be content. They didn't use to pass along meeting times at all. :x
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

Lister Farrar wrote:Arg. This might sound paranoid, but this sure looks like typical tactics of WSPRS. I can't go now.
Is there anything you would like to have said on behlf of TS in the event of Q&A period?

R
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Ryan you should just throw in a filibuster during the Q & A until around 7:00 when all the rest of the people were told to show up. I don't think I can make it out for 6 either :x
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

jeremy wrote:Ryan you should just throw in a filibuster during the Q & A until around 7:00 when all the rest of the people were told to show up. I don't think I can make it out for 6 either :x

Good idea. I think I demonstrated that I can be a loudmouth last night at Speedway. :roll:
R
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Yes.

Tripleshot cycling organizes the school cycling league and looks forward to bringing the whole group to the track for clinics and races.

Al;so, TS organizes intro to racing now on western speedway, but has to work around motor sports, and can't get all the dates it could use.

Plus any commitment we are prepared to make to support the costs WSPRS imposes. (Other exec members?)

L
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

Lister, please PM or email me any specifics you would like me to address.

R
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

The WSPRS Board Meeting is back to the regular scheduled time of 7pm in the "Fieldhouse" - the golf clubhouse
Mike Cooper
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

The motion passed the board, looks like the velodrome will be opening soon in a town near you!!
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)