Friday April 15

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

Friday April 15

Post by sylvan »

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79326777

Awesome consistent rotation for 10 laps of Beacon @ 39 km/h. Check out the lap times: 2:33, 2:32, 2:32, 2:33, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:30, 2:19 (5 seconds behind Bob).

Nice leadout by Bob - so, like, was I supposed to hold that wheel? Was not going to happen. Sorry.
wonger

Re: Friday April 15

Post by wonger »

sylvan wrote:http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79326777

Awesome consistent rotation for 10 laps of Beacon @ 39 km/h. Check out the lap times: 2:33, 2:32, 2:32, 2:33, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:30, 2:19 (5 seconds behind Bob).

Nice leadout by Bob - so, like, was I supposed to hold that wheel? Was not going to happen. Sorry.

I feel small.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

damn it, wish I hadn't missed this one.
Who all was in that 10 laps of beacon?

Jeremy and I jammed with the band for the first time in over a year last night until almost 1:00am. I had my riding gear out, with fleeting hopes of getting up and riding on 4 hours sleep, then coming back home and going back to bed. 5:30 came, and getting out of bed didn't happen.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:Who all was in that 10 laps of beacon?
Me, Peter, Bob, Green Lantern, both Dylans, Shawn.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

sylvan wrote:
Josh.E wrote:Who all was in that 10 laps of beacon?
Me, Peter, Bob, Green Lantern, both Dylans, Shawn.
who is "green lantern" and how can I get a kick ass nickname like that?
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

jeremy wrote:who is "green lantern" and how can I get a kick ass nickname like that?
Oops, I think it's actually Green Hornet, or just Hornet. He was wearing black today. Or red or something. Not green. It was all very confusing.
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

Darn...I wish i could have held on on the way into the park. Steve myself and one other ( sorry I forgot your name) hung on for I don't know 7 laps losing a few bike length per lap until we cratered at lap 8 or something. It was a great work out tho :)
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

sylvan wrote:
jeremy wrote:who is "green lantern" and how can I get a kick ass nickname like that?
Oops, I think it's actually Green Hornet, or just Hornet. He was wearing black today. Or red or something. Not green. It was all very confusing.
I assume it's Jeff you're referring to.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Kevin F wrote:Darn...I wish i could have held on on the way into the park. Steve myself and one other ( sorry I forgot your name) hung on for I don't know 7 laps losing a few bike length per lap until we cratered at lap 8 or something. It was a great work out tho :)
It was me :)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Really enjoyable C ride this morning. Some newbies, some old B's (!) and a good variation in ability -- but we were mostly tight, civil and safe. Barton's got a great thing going. Thanks cap'n!
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Sorry I missed you all today - I reset my alarm for our Wed TTT practice, which was at 6:30 am. It rang at 6:00 am this morning, which might have been OK for Tues or Wed, but not for the Fri route. See you on the weekend,

JT
wonger

Post by wonger »

Josh.E wrote:
sylvan wrote:
I assume it's Jeff you're referring to.
We already have a Geoff, hence "Green Hornet"!
John D

Post by John D »

Somehow the "B" group ended up being just four riders...me, Jim, Marcus and (new guy) Alex. We did Mt. Doug X-Road and Blenkinsop (no ice, btw) and basically just pace-lined the whole route. Quite a fast pace for a "B" ride.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Tried the A ride again after many weeks of B and C rides, and enjoyed it. Nice :shock: to hammer.

'Noticed a couple of things, perhaps for discussion.

As the 'selection' came at clover point climb, first, then Beacon Hill, the cracks came fairly gradually (ie. everyone was close to making it over), but then popped open as someone sprinted to try to get back on the front group, gapping the next guy.

That's cool. It's meant to be challenging after all. It tells me the group is pretty close to homogenous. (Bob excepted).

But if some strong guy wants to test himself in a new way, hanging at the back at Ross bay until there's a split and then closing the gap for those popped on the hill could be an interesting challenge.

I got gapped on Beacon after the front 7 and the three chasers got away, but the remaining 5 of us got ourselves organized and reeled the three in after a few laps. Things we did: not jumping the rises so you don't cook the guy you want to pull after you, pulling harder and shorter on the downhills (more draft effect, otherwise we're braking behind), remembering the wind changes direction twice a lap. I noticed the three guys ahead of us were swinging off with the wind, not into it on Dallas. I knew then we could catch you. :twisted:

Bob made another suggestion (I think, only caught part of it Bob, so correct me if I'm wrong.) When you come off the front of a pace line in a cross wind, stay close to the line on your way to the back. You get a little draft off the line, and you protect those in the line a bit as you go by.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4