Wednesday PM Ride?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

Wednesday PM Ride?

Post by sylvan »

Any Wednesday night group rides out there?

5:15 at Switch Bridge if anybody wants to do Lagoon + Nield hills, plus a few laps of the Latoria VCL course...
sylvan

Re: Wednesday PM Ride?

Post by sylvan »

12-13 degrees, sunny, sweet. Me and Glenowyn in so far. Heading out in :15, Switch Bridge at 5:15. I'll post Gremlin data of the race course and compare it to Caleb for anyone who's planning on racing this weekend.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

That ended up being a good little ride. Barton met us at the bridge on his commute but had to go home. We did some climbing - Lagoon, Pears, Neild - I gave up 3/4 of the way up Neild. It was too horrible for my current lameness. Then we did a lap of the new/old Latoria race course. It's bang on 2.5 km. It turns out she's a nastier piece of work than I expected/remembered. There's a 2-stage climb, like Caleb, smaller than Caleb, but it's a problem because it comes after a pretty tight, sketchy corner from Latoria onto Klahannie, so there's no 70 km/h approach, unlike Caleb. If fast, powerful bastards are gunning it on the hills, it could be a bloodbath with pain and suffering trying to hang on. If you're not so good on that climb you'll want to work yourself up near the front before the last corner, lap after lap. The finish line is at the top of the 2nd part of the hill (natch) and then there's a fast, 1 km shallow descent and an easy right hander before feeding onto Happy Valley for a couple hundred metres, and a 90-degree right onto Latoria. The right lane along Latoria has been sliced in half for water main instasllation and repaved - very poorly. There's a jagged slice and bumpy business, so it'll be best to stay out near the centre line. The run from Happy Valley to the last corner is 1 km, with a couple of small undulations, no problem. Then it's only about 150 metres, tops, to the finish line, uphill. The last corner will be swept for the race. It's really bad now, with gravel and uneven pavement. Don't crash.

Gremlin stats: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74771411 (sorry, the whole ride is there, not just the race course)

Latoria Road Water Main Installation - http://www.crd.bc.ca/water/wateroperati ... grades.htm
Jane Victoria

Post by Jane Victoria »

Wow that sounded awesome. Doing it next Wednesday?