Sunday ride extra distance

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Kevin F

Sunday ride extra distance

Post by Kevin F »

Just an FYI if anyone is interested in a few extra KMS on the normal ride I am planning on heading past the farm at Island View out to through Sydney and loop around the ferry terminal. It will likely cut into my coffee time but I need the extra KMS.

PS bring you sun screen :)

Kevin
Alan

Re: Sunday ride extra distance

Post by Alan »

Just a note of warning on road conditions. If things tomorrow are anything like today you have to be extra careful of ice. Things were generally fine along the water--Dylan, Greg and I braving the Sufferfest conditions of cold and wind-- but once we looped around the ferry terminal and started coming back on West Saanich Road, it was a skating rink out there. No one went down but we were sure it was just our good karma that kept us all upright.
If you're going long you may want to come back on the coastal roads, as they're likely to be safer.
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

My usual Saturday morning (family/swimming etc) stuff kept me off the roads until just after 7. By that time, the only problem area heading north was Blenkinsop, and by the time I turned around through land's end, it was wet, but fine, heading back to town. Should be fine tomorrow. I am sitting at the end of a swim line for 5 hours, stop watch in hand getting splashed. :D
Tutto il rosa della vita
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

I am very much interested in 90 K or so tomorrow morning. See you then.

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Or, you could come ride with the Oak Bay High school group at 2:00, Hartland.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

I'll be pruning fruit trees and changing the oil in the beast tomorrow afternoon!

I'd rather be riding!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa