Thursday
25%
Both
8%

Total votes: 12

bill

Death to Bugs

Post by bill »

Looks like they may get rid of those raskily rabbits. Ring road Tuesdays?

http://www.timescolonist.com/life/UVic+ ... story.html
norman marcy

Re: Death to Bugs

Post by norman marcy »

kind of getting used to the present Tuesday perhaps we could add a Monday or Thursday on the Ring
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Monday might be a good idea........ :?:
4827north

Post by 4827north »

I heard from Allan that Ring Road also had water issues.. sprinkler heads soaking what would otherwise be dry conditions?
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

4827north wrote:I heard from Allan that Ring Road also had water issues.. sprinkler heads soaking what would otherwise be dry conditions?
This was my experience in the summer.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I wouldn't want to lose the box laps on tuesdays now either, although UVic laps used to be a lot of fun too. I think the cornering practice, especially the 90 degree turning on to henderson, in a group is extremely valuable for peoples riding skills, and you don't get that on ring road.

I'd be into another day though for ring road laps. We might as well give in to the inevitable fact that we ARE going to end up having a club ride every single morning sooner or later, and add one more.......
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Once we run out of mornings, we might have to add some afternoon rides! :shock:
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

As someone whose long (and only) ride last week consisted of a whopping 11 minutes on the bike I am keen to add another day to my cycling regime.

For many training for races a regular rest day is Monday (I prefer any day with a 'y' in it for my rest days) so I would be inclined to use Thursday mornings for the Ring Road Ride (try saying that as we - well you - go around at 40+kmh). Also, Mondays tend to have those pesky holidays where we get to sneak in an extra ride or recover from the race the day before.

So how about a groundswell of support for Thursday mornings? Also, as we move into the spring we can even use that ride for TTT practice leading to the Tripleshot Team Time Trial (again with the aliteration - when will the madness stop!).

Michael
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

mlawless messages, Bill and Ramsey (and a few other old faces) up at 6 am, and talk of the Ring Road! What is this, 2008? If I see Galen doing Friday in the wrong direction, I'll know someone's invented a time machine.

UVic has a fair number of early classes these days - we might find more car and foot traffic on our last few laps than we did in the past. But I am up for a Thursday morning trial.

JT
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

I have a preference for Mondays for uvic because some of us old guys like to spread our days out, and having two sprint days back to back allows us to choose one. Having Tues sprints, Wed hills, Thursday uvic, Friday ride, and maybe Sat sufferfest puts a steady stream in a row. (Sunday is for the kids).

I vote uvic on Mondays
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

maybe we could add a poll to this thread to decide? Roland?
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Josh.E wrote:maybe we could add a poll to this thread to decide? Roland?
Did somebody say poll? Done!
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

sylvan

Post by sylvan »

mlawless wrote:Also, as we move into the spring we can even use that ride for TTT practice leading to the Tripleshot Team Time Trial...
Or for bad-assed sprint leadout practice leading to...

jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Or we could divide ring road into 4 sections thus having 4 sprint finishes per lap allowing us to all work on the most important part of road cycling..........

The Victory Salute
http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2009/02/ ... ike-a-pro/
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
AlW

Post by AlW »

4827north wrote:I heard from Allan that Ring Road also had water issues.. sprinkler heads soaking what would otherwise be dry conditions?
I think a little sprinkler water is a minor irritant given the water "issues" we experienced last Friday....
JohnT wrote: If I see Galen doing Friday in the wrong direction, I'll know someone's invented a time machine.
Who's Galen? :)
JohnT wrote:UVic has a fair number of early classes these days - we might find more car and foot traffic on our last few laps than we did in the past. But I am up for a Thursday morning trial.
I bailed after the caddy bay repeats this morning (bad sensations) and did laps of ring road until about 7. I didn't notice a lot of foot or car traffic. It was mostly buses, which stay in the right lane, so easy to avoid if we keep left.
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

so when are we starting ring road mondays