SPRING race kit gear order

all you ever wanted to know about ordering 3Shot Garb

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

SPRING race kit gear order

Post by Josh.E »

http://www.tripleshotcycling.com/gearorder/

Here's your last chance to get the Tripleshot-Spinnakers race team kit in time for spring racing. Once again, proceeds will go to supporting racing related stuff within tripleshot. The order will close on Friday Jan 21st, payments due Jan 26th.

For any new members, this is NOT the tripleshot baby blue/pink club kit, this is the race team kit as shown in the first post of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1677.
Purchase if you wish to show support for tripleshot racing.

Josh
Last edited by Josh.E on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
sylvan

Re: SPRING race kit gear order

Post by sylvan »

Can you add the Custom CS Elite Pro Bib Short and the Custom Euro-Style Winter Hat?
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

The elite bibs aren't the same design, and the material panels don't (easily) work with the artwork. Lemme see what I can do on that.
I'll add the winter hat though. If we get the minimum quantity, we can get it.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:The elite bibs aren't the same design, and the material panels don't (easily) work with the artwork. Lemme see what I can do on that.
Gotcha. No biggie. Don't sweat it too much.
Paula

Post by Paula »

would like to order, but can't figure it all out.. :x
Help is needed!

I saw the picture of the stuff with the new logo etc. and then saw the sizing thing on champion website, but other than that I don't see how to order and see all that is availalbe.. errrrrr.

Also, other women out there.. sizing.. ideas? Usually I am a medium or large but the sizing goes up to so huge I am wondering....

AND there was a fella with a rainproofy type Tripleshot jacket that he said was a neoprene thing.. and he seemed to think it was the cats meow.. what is that one called...

thanks!
Roland

Post by Roland »

When logged into the forum, follow the first link on the page: LINK

If you aren't logged into the forum, you'll be bounced back to the main page.

Then you can add items to your cart. Update the sizes and quantities. Make sure to update order afterwards. Anything you don't want (ie just checking prices etc), please remember to delete it from your cart, so it doesn't accidentally get ordered.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

http://tripleshotcycling.servebbs.com/g ... /index.php
Paula wrote:AND there was a fella with a rainproofy type Tripleshot jacket that he said was a neoprene thing.. and he seemed to think it was the cats meow.. what is that one called...
All there is now is this: http://ca.champ-sys.com/custom-cs-neopr ... acket.html - that's the CS Neo/CS Tech Fleece yacket. I got the plain CS Neo jacket on the last baby blue order - it has no fur on the inside, but it's not available now. I find it not so good for keeping warm - I gotta bundle up good before putting the jacket on. But it's decent at keeping dry, for sure. Sadly it holds the sweat stank pretty bad, unless it's just me, but my warmer/furry Frontrunners Sugoi jacket is not like that. This Neo unit has to go in the laundry every day. The Sugoi jacket just hangs up to dry and I can wear it all week, and it's warm, but it's not too water resistant.
Paula

Post by Paula »

thanks to you both Sylan and Roland

Sylvan, I think the smell thing is likely universal, but luckily in cycling one keeps there arms down, just don't wear it to play basketball or volleyball after.

The CS Neo/CS Tech Fleece jacket sounds like it might be a bit too warm for here, so your neophrene without the liner sounds like the thing.. but alas it is no longer available. So is there ANYTHING that one can wear when it is pouring rain out and not get wet from the inside or the outside? A couple of fellas had a Sugoi jacket clear thing, but the reviews make it sound like it is very delicate and I am not so easy on things, so might not be a great option.

thanks again
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Hi Paula,

I use the wind jacket. I've found it to be durable and it keeps the rain out (and moisture in). It has zippers in the armpits if it isn't raining. Underneath I just put on a layer or two and I'm fine.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Paula wrote:So is there ANYTHING that one can wear when it is pouring rain out and not get wet from the inside or the outside?
Ah, yes. The holy grail of outdoor athletic wear. Waterproof-breathables like Gore Tex are always trying to get there, but I've yet to find a fabric that actually does this perfectly.

I still the think the better approach is to focus on staying warm, rather than dry. Wind protection for your torso (I use the wind vest), and fleece warmers for your legs and arms. I was soaked through this morning and never once felt cold -- save just leaving coffee when I'd stiffened up a bit.

I don't know about the neoprene jackets (I saw Gavin in one the other day, ask him), but my legs are still thanking me for getting the neo / tech fleece bib tights. The neoprene is all over the front of my groin and upper thighs and it keeps me very cozy. Don't know if I'd want it up top, though, where all the "water vapour" is being produced.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Other than having a jersey & shorts, in my view the MUST have items are:

1. Wind vest - its amazing how good this is at keeping me warm in the late spring/early fall or those mornings that are just a bit chilly to start.

2. ThermoShield Winter Jacket - I never really complain about being too warm - I do, however, HATE being cold. I find this is a must have from November through April. In the dead of winter I wear a base layer, LS jersey and this. In the early / late winter its more likely that I wear it with just 1 layer underneath and sometimes I even unzip it a bit! But I get more wear out of these jackets than anything else in my kit (other than the jersey/shorts).

Peter
AlW

Post by AlW »

Rolf wrote:
Paula wrote:So is there ANYTHING that one can wear when it is pouring rain out and not get wet from the inside or the outside?
Ah, yes. The holy grail of outdoor athletic wear. Waterproof-breathables like Gore Tex are always trying to get there, but I've yet to find a fabric that actually does this perfectly.

I still the think the better approach is to focus on staying warm, rather than dry. Wind protection for your torso (I use the wind vest), and fleece warmers for your legs and arms. I was soaked through this morning and never once felt cold -- save just leaving coffee when I'd stiffened up a bit.

I don't know about the neoprene jackets (I saw Gavin in one the other day, ask him), but my legs are still thanking me for getting the neo / tech fleece bib tights. The neoprene is all over the front of my groin and upper thighs and it keeps me very cozy. Don't know if I'd want it up top, though, where all the "water vapour" is being produced.
+1

Think wool. Baaaaa!

I wore merino wool socks and defeet wool knee warmers and was fine, even though I was completely soaked. Norm had a merino wool jersey on this morning and was quite comfortable, so going to look into getting one of those from MEC.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

+1

all my base layers and socks are merino wool. hands down the best for keeping comfortable in a variety of different temperatures, as well as when soaking wet. plus it doesn't start to smell bad

those sheep are geniuses.
adamkreek

Post by adamkreek »

Grab me a jacket and a jersey. XL please. I eat climbers for breakfast.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

adamkreek wrote:Grab me a jacket and a jersey. XL please. I eat climbers for breakfast.
Go on the order form (link at the top of the thread), and add what you want to your order. You need to be logged into the forum first for the link to work.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hey Josh,

I sent you an email, but just in case... I know it is the very final hour...but just seeing if its possible to order a few extras... its getting warmer out there!

thanks
paula
debh

Post by debh »

If we have arm and leg warmers in our orders should we take them off before paying or is there a chance that we may be able to get them despite not reaching the minimums?
---
It was 11 more than necessary. -- Jacques Anquetil
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

debh wrote:If we have arm and leg warmers in our orders should we take them off before paying or is there a chance that we may be able to get them despite not reaching the minimums?
Minimums have all been waived - you get everything.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1910
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

any word on the E.T.A. for January's racing gear order?
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

March 7th is the last word