Wednesday Hills, Jan 12

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

Wednesday Hills, Jan 12

Post by Josh.E »

alright, where was everyone this morning?
afraid of 5 degrees and light rain now are we? :P

Me, Peter, Lister, Jeremy.
1000 points each.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
JohnT

Re: Wednesday Hills, Jan 12

Post by JohnT »

That's old school Triple Shot: Four people for hills in January. But no Lisa??? Barry and I are heading out now - but if I told you any more, I'd have to kill you.

JT
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I had a Walter Mitty moment on Tolmie; I was Andy Hamsten, 1988, on the Gavia, climbing between snowbanks. Even the 8-speed dura ace sti's fit the picture.

Well, there was a snow line, but it wasn't quite 'banks', and I was going more like Peter circa 2005. But it felt nice to stop. :)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
AlW

Post by AlW »

I was out walking the dogs at 10:30 last night. Everything was white with about 1"+ snow on the road. Figured this am was a lost cause.

Rolling out of bed at 6:30 to find it was completely gone was bit of a surprise.

I suspect others had similar expectations, given the turnout....
steve

Post by steve »

There was an inch of snow on my street and I thought climbing hills with snow and descending quickly might be a little dangerous, particularly after my wipe out on Sunday. I attended a spin class instead, thinking no one would be on the road this morn. For a moment I thought I could try and catch some fitness up on guys like Peter and Josh thus allowing me to hold their wheel for 20 seconds as opposed to 10 seconds. Apparently, my efforts were futile.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:alright, where was everyone this morning?
afraid of 5 degrees and light rain now are we? :P
Yes. I got lucky and finished off the 10 days hard part of 10 days hard/4 days easy just in time to go easy/off when it got messy. I did do 90 minutes plus a coffee stop at the Roost yesterday just as the snow started. It was almost blinding coming down Wallace at about 3:45, but I did see Matt O'Hagan out there earning hard man points. We shared a wave in opposite directions on Wallace, twice in almost exactly the same spot, about 90 minutes apart.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

yeah, I rode out to PISE for work yesterday, and rode back in at 4:30 in the blizzard, just as it was getting dark.
hard man points for sure.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.