Bike to borrow over XMas?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Ian

Bike to borrow over XMas?

Post by Ian »

Hi all,
I'll be back from NZ from Dec 22nd to Jan 6th, and was hoping to get out with the group a few times while home. My bike will be staying in NZ, because I don't want to risk unnecessary damage while it's traveling. Also, quite frankly it's a pain in the ass to disassemble and pack into it's case.

Does anyone have a bike I could borrow while I'm there? Even for a week so I can get my endorphin/caffeine fix. It'd have to be pretty big, as I ride a 58-60cm (35'-36' inseam :shock: ). I've got Keo cleats on my shoes, but I can bring my pedals with me too. I'm also willing to ride mountain bikes, CX bikes, basically anything but a beach cruiser. Whatever gets me out with the group again!

Any help you guys can provide is much appreciated and will be rewarded with beverages of some kind.
Lister Farrar

Re: Bike to borrow over XMas?

Post by Lister Farrar »

I have a 57 or 58 80's miyata, the one Matteo used. I'm 6'2", 36" inseam and it's a bit small for me, but fits a friend with shorter legs.

Steel. 7 speed index, might be 8 or 9 by then.

No charge for the character you will build with it. :wink:
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Hi Ian,

I am going away for the holidays. You can borrow my bike if you want. It is my blue and red 58 cm Argon 18.

Stéphane
wonger

Post by wonger »

Ian, I'll buy you a beer if you ride Lister's bike!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Lister, given the fact that I've been riding on my own while down here, I think I'll build enough character just trying to keep up with the group again.

Stephane, when do you leave for holidays? I'm not back until the evening of the 22nd.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Ian wrote:Lister, given the fact that I've been riding on my own while down here, I think I'll build enough character just trying to keep up with the group again.

Stephane, when do you leave for holidays? I'm not back until the evening of the 22nd.
That's ok. I'll let Matteo know there was nobody teen-aged man enough to fill his shoes on it. :wink:
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Hi Ian,

I am leaving on the morning of the 22nd and will be back on Jan 3rd. Maybe we can arrange a place for me to drop it off before I leave if you would like.

Stéphane