Sunday's Extended Ride

Moderator: mfarnham

Kevin F

Sunday's Extended Ride

Post by Kevin F »

There was a request to post the Garmin stats from the Sunday ride so here they be!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/56010191

The overall average after the sprint on Interurban was 30.1. for 81.2 kms not too shappy for a 'winter ride' :mrgreen: See max temp of 23 c! :shock:
Stéphane Tran

Re: Sunday's Extended Ride

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Thanks Kevin! By the time I got home I had done a century.
Barry McKee

Post by Barry McKee »

Great day! Lots of variety. I ended up at about 120k by the time I dragged my bike into the garage. I have to say, the traffic on W. Saanich was a bit hairy but given that it was Sunday one can understand. It's been awhile since I did a very long ride. Like some of you I think I need to address "nutrition on go". I'll pack some extra food next time (cookies, gels, etc.) I'm game for a repeat of the route next Sunday.

Barry
4827north

Post by 4827north »

Nutrition... heck I was bonking on the shorter 'normal' 80km ride. I'd be in the ditch if I did the extendo ride.
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
John D

Post by John D »

Barry et al....

I clocked in at about 110km by the time I got home. Still can't believe that we managed to splinter into three groups, on three different routes, and yet all managed to meet up simultaneously at Mt. Newton and Wallace.

So, who's in for another long-haul next Sunday? I liked the way the extra km wore out the ectomorph "hummingbirds" and gave us mesomorphs a chance in the sprint for a change!

For the record, 1 banana = 100km:
http://www.headwinds.ab.ca/images/phoca ... anana.jpeg
Pack accordingly

J.

P.S. On a related note...anyone up for a longish ride on Thursday?
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
4827north

Post by 4827north »

Thursday I'm in for a morning ride. How about we make it 7:20am departure from Fairfield 'Bucks - pretend it's Sunday. Does that work for everyone.. maybe do a long (90+) and a short (70-80km) ride?
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011