Great C ride today

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Great C ride today

Post by Lister Farrar »

Bigger group today, probably 12, and everyone made it to KGT together without much waiting. Cool to see the junior girls jamming the climb and cresting the hill 4th and 5th. We re-grouped at the top, and had a full-on Tripleshot I-hope-you-like-jammin'-too experience all the way to the beacon sprint. Many thanks to Ian, Roland and Rolf who pulled hard but steady on Dallas and gave the others the fast paceline experience without pulling it apart. Kudos to the C's who dug deep, stayed on the wheel and challenged for the sprint. Welcome to Deb and thanks to Simon for bringing her out and keeping her on the group.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
AndreaR

Re: Great C ride today

Post by AndreaR »

Thanks Lister for me pulling back in with the group after Clover Point. Thanks to everyone else for being so welcoming and I'm looking forward to sticking with Tripleshot through the winter :D
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Yeah that was a super smooth and friendly ride this morning. Perfect for a post-surgery ease-in! It was great to meet you Andrea. And Alex was all power on the front.

For some reason I kept thinking this morning about my first Friday ride a year ago. There was only one group then -- and everyone seemed exponentially faster than me. (Everyone also had these magical brake levers that shifted too!) I recall Peter kindly waiting for me at the top of Ash and showing me the shortcut, skipping Ferndale etc. I remember waiting for the group with my lungs in my hands, pondering the hills coming up: Arbutus, Caddy Bay, Clover Pt., OB Beach Hotel, KGT; and trying to convince Pete that I just wasn't up for staying with the group and him having none of it. And then finishing the ride with some of the sprint stragglers still in sight and relishing my coffee with satisfaction.

I'll ride C anytime, Lister. Or B... or whatever you call the ride where people discover what they're really capable of.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Yes.. It was a great group effort today in the C group..thanks to the new people, young fast oak bay hi girls...and coach Lister.. I wonder if they get the same feeling of friendliness and teamwork in the A plus group....guess I will have to ride with them one morning to find out.................TRIPLESHOT WE ROCK Paul C.