BC TT and TTT Champs - UPDATE

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

BC TT and TTT Champs - UPDATE

Post by Plawless »

I received the folowing from Stuart Lynne at EV:

...I got a call from MOT yesterday saying they are paving the road, so Squamish is out.

I'm looking for a new venue. So far it looks like Zero Ave on Aug 29th, or somewhere To Be Determined on either Aug 21 or Aug 29.

What do you think of this course: ChipMunk TT on Chilliwack Lake Rd. A bit of climbing, looks to be about 1% grade all the way out, then you fly back...

I'm reasonably sure we will do TTT if we get re-scheduled. It was very popular at WarpSpeed with about 50% of the people coming out doing it. And cycling BC is offering some medals for BC TTT champs in the appropriate categories (Mens 1/2, Mens 3/4, Womens 1/2/3). Also even though we won't be prizing the ITT by ability category, CBC will offer upgrade points as long as I get them a summary of results sorted by ability category.

I have replied that I think it should be the Zero Ave Course that a few of us did earlier this year. Its flat and fast and if we can figure out the turnarounds maybe we can claw back the second we lost last time!

I will keep everyone posted as to the new date and course etc once I hear more. In the interim for those who are injured you get 3 extra weeks to heal......
shawnc

Re: BC TT and TTT Champs - UPDATE

Post by shawnc »

I really hope it's on August 29, as I have a wedding to attend on the 21st.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

well that sucks

Hopefully it is the 29th as I'm also going to be gone on the 21st. I'm also going to be two weeks off the bike from the 7th to the 21st.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

This is awesome news if it turns out to be on the 29th as i have BC's for swimming on the 21st and qualifiers for BC's on the 8th
Adam de Vos
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Date change: later in August ?
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/ren ... ER.BLOCK20

What do you think Adam, Bryan?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Both of these events will work great for me!
Bryan Shipley
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Still in for Steveston, Tom Binnie crit is on the same day as windsor and im most likely in for BC TT Champs if its on the 29th!
Adam de Vos