Saturday AM Race Training Ride?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

Re: Saturday AM Race Training Ride?

Post by Josh.E »

....and imagine that TT helmet in all white with nostrils painted on the front, and moose antlers coming out the sides.

edit: naturally, the rack on the antlers would have to less than 3:1 aspect ratio to be UCI legal.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

So, I must be trying very hard to avoid work because I hit the link posted by Katie and:

Upgrades for your SpeedSuit
Add-on 1-12 13-99 100
Back Stretch Pocket $12.00 $9.50 $9.00
Fleece Lining got to be kidding
Add Hood ask for quote
Add Sewn Stripes (each) $3.50 $3.00 $2.50

So, they clearly have a sense of humour and eqaully clearly someone must have asked for a fleece lining!

Okay, so who is riding tomorrow (I need to decide if I am going to go early with the Death march or later with Oak Bay)?

Michael
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Katie wrote:I think this, but in all white, is what Gavin is actually searching for. Apparently you can even order it in a "shiny nylon" fabric.

http://www.jlvelo.com/tab.6_page.ankle_to_wrist.html

They also offer it in animal prints, and discounts if you order more than 12. I wonder if they have sold 12 in total yet?

The confounding reality is that suit probably makes more difference in performance than boutique wheels, ceramic bearings, and a carbon fibre frame, put together. But some things are worth more than performance...Ok, maybe in leopard print, but definitely not in white.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

They actually just sold their first 12 in white XXXL to some whack job in Canada.

Except he had the suit printed to match the euro fellow above. Silk-screened zippers, pockets and white denim galore!

Sidi has also agree to begin development of my white-wing-tip racing shoes. You know how Cav and Bettini have 'signature series' shoes. These will be the 'metro-moosexual' series.

And forget the Texas Lonestar custom time trial helmet for Lance. Giro has a new 'fast-moo' in the works now!

See you guys bright and early. I'm sure you'll see me coming!!!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Josh.E wrote:....and imagine that TT helmet in all white with nostrils painted on the front, and moose antlers coming out the sides.

edit: naturally, the rack on the antlers would have to less than 3:1 aspect ratio to be UCI legal.
Umm, white-tight-sniper-moose are female and don't have antlers. (Catch the hint about moo, ...like a cow?) But perhaps if Gavin is really committing to the gender change, it's for the better around civilians in coffee shops while wearing the aforementioned white tights.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

It's gonna be tough to beat this thread for the 2010 Most Off-Topic and Amusing Thread Award.
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Ouch, ya not so sure about the gender transition - but definitely committed to euro!
Attachments
eurotrash.jpg
eurotrash.jpg (15.38 KiB) Viewed 8406 times
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

gav_eaton wrote:Ouch, ya not so sure about the gender transition - but definitely committed to euro!
Well, who can tell with those euros anyway...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... eam/104073

But the white tights will help with that.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

Getting back on topic...

Is the Josh-Saturday plan still:

"(5:45) Cook St. Starbucks, stoked on Americanos, leaving by 6am and head down to Dallas, then take the usual route along the water to Matticks' farm, Sidney, etc." ?

I will likely meet up somewhere on the waterfront.

Greg
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I'll be there. We were better last week at getting on the road by 6am than the week before.

It's calling for 15mm rain saturday, so be prepared to get wet!
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

well, rain forecast is down to 1-3mm
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Thanks everyone for another great saturday ride. I'm cooked.
Alan

Post by Alan »

yeah, and if Josh says he's cooked, imagine what it's like for the rest of us. As they used to tell us in the Airborne Regiment, "Pain is only a sign you're still alive..."

I'll be out on Sunday's ride to see if I can find my pancreas which I dropped somewhere along Interurban....
Rita

Post by Rita »

Your pancreas? Why would you drop your pancreas? I understand if you coughed up a lung...
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Hey Guys.

I won't be able to be there this saturday morning, as I'm out of town for the weekend. Gonna go ski some moguls at washington on saturday morning, then teach my daughter Ella how to ski for the afternoon, should be a blast.

Hope y'all have a good ride. There should be a white moose to guide you safely through the dark.

Josh
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I am still planning on coming down for the ride - perhaps it will be slightly more civilized without Josh "my HR easily reaches 205 - doesn't yours?" to treat us like rented mules... maybe we could even try to find Alan's pancreas - I am no doctor but surely a pancreas can survive outside of the body for a couple of weeks if it wants to.

Also, don't forget about the Royal Roads 8k on Sunday at 11:00 - Morning ride as a warm-up and then the 8k (which I hear is pancake flat so a good introductory run for the club)

Michael
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

I will be out as well - but don't count on a low heart rate ride. This will be my last for a week while I'm in Mexico - so I have to make to most of it. Unlike silly Peter - I will be using my vacation to 'drink my face off' rather than waste it training.

3 months of off season training obliterated in one week! What better way to kick off race season?

And don't listen to Mike - I've done the RR 8k and one of my lungs and a piece of my lower intestine are still out on the course somewhere!
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'll be out as well. I think it was John who told me some guys from the SpinDoctors might join the Saturday morning hammerfest. So there could be a good group going. See you at 5-dark-30.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Who's in tomorrow?
I'll be there.

josh
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'll meet you somewhere along the way.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"