Annual Hurricane Ridge Ride - August 12th

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Marcus

Re: Annual Hurricane Ridge Ride - August 12th

Post by Marcus »

Tickets have been bought and will be distributed by BARTON in the morning. Arriving at the terminal at 5:45 should be about right.

There will be a light hot "brunch" served at the top parking lot so don't be afraid to bring a small appetite as well as big legs.

Marcus
John H

Post by John H »

Hi Marcus, Is it too late for me to add myself to the list? Sorry, but just got back into town early.John H
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Have a great ride guys!!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Looks like it was a fun time climbing a mile up a foreign mountain today.

Just a reminder that I've set up a gallery for Club members to share photos (PM me for the viewing/access password): https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... -August-12

Thanks to those who have already chucked a few up there!

If you're on wifi or safely back on your Canadian cell data network and reading this on your phone, here's a link directly to the upload page—from which it's a cinch to dump the photos right off your phone: https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... geAugust12

You can also always email me shots for sharing, if that’s easier: Tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.
Last edited by Rolf on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Chris

Post by Paul Chris »

27 members up and down Hurricane . A+ to B- riders. No mechanicals, flats ...or clear sunshine.
We did have fog, hot dogs, chocolate milk, good snacks and alot of club camaraderie.

Thanks to Marcus and Nancy for van, food and moral support. Barton for getting tickets and for just being Barton. And to our V.P. and Acting President... Fossy for pre organisation and. announcments.
toddhatfield

Post by toddhatfield »

Huge thanks to the organizers and support crew, and of course the riders. I look forward to doing this on a clear day sometime.
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

The dream support team once again wowed and spoiled our group today with everything from water to chips and hotdogs (which were actually european wieners). Everyone certainly appreciated being able to haul up their warm clothes for the chilly, foggy and slightly wet descent. Thanks to the collective group (Neil, Barton et al.) for coordinating things behind the scene to make for a fantastic day on the bike. Also great work to the club riders who pushed themselves all the way to the top.

Edit: forgot to mention that Marcus and Nancy volunteered on their wedding anniversary (29th!). Hard to imagine a more dedicated couple to support our silly adventures.
Kenji Jackson
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Thank you Marcus, Nancy and all the TS members who put time and effort into this event for our enjoyment. Well done to all the riders who made it up the mountain today!
Ann

Post by Ann »

It was a great day! It was awesome to see so many people doing this climb (or any climb like it) for their first time. Congratulations to everyone!

And thank you sooooo much to Marcus and Nancy for taking care of us and cheering for us as we slowly ascended the mountain.

We sure have a fantastic club. :)
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

Hey, sorry it took so long, but here is the video of Garth and I's speedy descent. 32km's in 38 minutes...Next time more participants in the downhill portion would be fun...

https://youtu.be/-rg_dbJp00g
David Dallin