Cross Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

Re: Cross Ride

Post by Alan »

We Crossers are kinda like a 'sub-forum' type of cyclist. And if you wanted to join our sub-forum, you'd have to prove your worth. For example you'd really have to hate the Romans. Try joining the Peoples' Front of Judea and see where that gets you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDVsprWRCQ
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

If it makes sense or is any way logical to setup a sub-forum for cross, then we probably should NOT be doing it. (Logical behaviour would run contrary to every cross ride I’ve ever done)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Alan: SPLITTERS!

Greg: “I think we missed a turn...”
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Thanks for the reality check Alan, Greg, point taken, and Rolf, nice nipples. I’m now against a sub-forum. Crossers unite.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'm increasingly convinced our morning cross rides share much with dadaism. Look how few adjustments it takes to alter the definition:
[T]he [cyclocross] movement consisted of [riders] who rejected the logic, reason, and aestheticism of modern [roadie] society, instead expressing nonsense, irrationality, and anti-bourgeois protest in their [rides].
Of course, it's just as likely that we're only rebels in our own minds.

All I know is that when Geoff or Alan, or anyone, starts riding slalom around a bunch of linear trees, I'm compelled to follow. Because we are all individuals! (I think a TSCX screening of that film may increasingly be in order.)
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Thank you for your wisdom Rolf. And yes, lets make that screening a priority, could even call ourselves MAMWLOB (and MAWWLOB).

More a fan of Fauvism myself. In this example, we have a portrait of Alan wearing his own roadkill:
Attachments
E908DF6C-1EE8-4AD8-A90D-2FC55466F8BF.jpeg
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Okay, but is anyone riding CX tmrw morning?

......or do I need to go look for a new sub-forum?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I guess this *is* in the Ride Planning sub-forum. :roll:

I’ll be out for sure, Louise. Maybe UVic, South Gordon Head, Bow, Cedar Hill GC, Fernwood, Porter, Ross Bay, Beacon Hill and coffee with TS? Or go longer...? I’m completely open and could ride until about 8:30.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I have to be home by 8 am. One day I'll enjoy the freedom of longer weekday rides and coffee..... but plan what works for you and I can cut out where needed.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Thanks Louise for bringing as us back to where we belong. Rolf and Alan (Greg too) are very bad influences and Jill has left me home alone.

Maybe we should go more North, Rolf; dropping Louise off on the way back and then sharing ourselves with our friends at Shoal Point following your suggested route.

Tom B. has expressed an interest. Hopefully he’ll show up and share some of his Maui adventures with us, including a jaunt up Haleakalā.

John
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Anyone out on CX bikes tomorrow?
Ann

Post by Ann »

Yep. Here’s who I know of: Garth, Rolf, John F, and me.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Fozzy, Ann, Garth, Rolf, and I think possibly Alan as well. This is a dream team. How can I decline?*.

Are recent experiences too raw to suggest the Great Trail, although I’m fine with anywhere, it’s only really about the coffee* isn’t it?

John

*Especially since Jill’s away and I don’t know how to make the morning coffee (just kidding, I can and do make coffee).
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Daily blog of Jill, and other like-minded angels, making a real difference in and around Calcutta.
L2R

Post by L2R »

OMG! Now I know why I miss you John :lol:

Shelagh
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Thanks girlfriend* Shelagh, but we all know who you really miss and that's Jill, and Jill's doing something extraordinary, hence the link.

*Not a real girlfriend 'cause Rolf and Alan are my real girlfriends. #38 is not a girlfriend he's a friend. Fozzy's a girlfriend but only on weekends in Whistler**
** For Fondo's that is, right Fozzy? :wink:

John
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Cool, Jill! Good on you.

John: it must be a great comfort to have a spouse doing such good works; kinda eases the shame of your own indolent depravity.

I had a lot of fun dancing through shafts of liquid gold under the trees this morning. I’ve been filled with gratitude all day. Thanks Garth, Ann, Rob, Neil, and John for continuing this streak of TSCX Sundays.

Somebody recently suggested that “cross season has to end sometime.” I’m increasingly wondering if a wholesale return to the road before autumn is in the cards. Right now I can’t see it.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Thank you Rolf for your kind words.

And this gives me the opportunity to introduce my new avatar under the banner of “Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence”.
Attachments
BA07DD49-A953-4176-AD2E-67DE3FDD8ECD.jpeg
BA07DD49-A953-4176-AD2E-67DE3FDD8ECD.jpeg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 9950 times
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

It makes me slightly uncomfortable that you got my eye colour correct.

You know I captured video today of you with your lips wrapped around an inner tube valve, right? :twisted:
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

OK, I give. Must sleep. :lol: