B ride for Fridays

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

dreeves

Re: B ride for Fridays

Post by dreeves »

All good comments from a caring group of individuals.

A couple of things:

Yes, Josh, I did say "giver" when you dropped your chain today. Not very 'Tripleshot' of me, but as has been noted, we were across the line. Luckily, you knew where coffee was and you got a good workout trying to make up for your crappy choice of components.

One vs. Two groups. Last winter if we had more than 5 people show up for a rainy ride we were blown away. In May during a clear day like today if there were over 15 we were in awe. What can I say, we have become very popular, for all of the reasons that everyone has already noted. As we have 25 plus people per ride, we need to be cognizant that we are a club that is inclusive, meaning that with a wide range of ability and skill levels, some people are going to want to go harder than others. With two groups, a 'rec' and a 'training' ride, we can cater to all members, each who has different goals for him or herself.

I think safety is a concern as well. 25 people is a lot for a car to pass in the dark. For tired riders trying to hang on the back, riding etiquette and bike handling skills become secondary to keeping up with the group

Remember, Tuesday rides used to be 45 minutes long and then we would head to Serious Coffee on Fort. We then thought, if we are going to get up this freakin' early to ride, we may as well make it a workout.

Have a wonderful sunny weekend

d
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

Josh, I heard you had a flat and then you blew by me by Ross Bay Cemetery. I was impresssed with your record breaking flat repair, but if it was just a chain off, then I am now only impressed by the speed in which you caught up. I did however hear a lot of heckling/howling when you had your mechanical. That is so unfair :lol:
# 9
bill

Post by bill »

I must admit I was very happy when Josh had a mechanical, it gave the rest of us a chance. Now if only Bob had a flat....But really it was Gavin's fault as I believe I heard him say screw Josh, or something like that :D
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

So this morning we had a "B-ride" start at the top of King George, I think this worked out great, 5 of us working together at a good pace for the final ride in for coffee. I'm thinking that we should make a habit of this until we get a full B ride going. Ride with the A's until King George, then we all hook up @ the top of the hill, and let the rest of the Nut jobs sprint away. Same plan for Friday??
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

That sounds like a plan. I hung on the back of the nut jobs like a cross-eyed leech; I'd rather participate in your plan Jeremy than be 'participated' by the strong guys and girls. (Bravo Sarah for makng the split and doing pulls).
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4