Ditch Dude Dave

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

ART BOY
Site Admin

Re: Ditch Dude Dave

Post by ART BOY »

Dave - wow, what a show I missed this morning :( Glad your home and resting. You may want to check out of the hospital next time - Dolly and I went by at 10:45ish (after a dry bright ride) and they sent us back and forth through ER twice... you had already fled. Keep us posted of your recovery :)
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

I was there for the X Ray - here it is: that me on the right
and an avatar for Dave
Attachments
dave_s.jpg
dave_s.jpg (4.07 KiB) Viewed 6731 times
peak-a-boo-x-ray.jpg
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
Alan

Post by Alan »

I guess it would be tacky to ask you if I can borrow your cross-bike, Dave, seeing as you're not likely to be riding it anytime soon. But I'll ask anyway...Can I? Can I? I was a little too slow last week when that weasel Rolf scooped it up before me.
I'll need to hold on to your bike for a few days, seeing it'll take that long to demonstrate to my wife how a cross bike is substantially different than a road bike and worth the investment....
Rita

Post by Rita »

You guys make me laugh! :lol: You know the trick to get your wife to agree to a new bike is to have her involved in this cycling business! She'll get addicted like you are and will go out and buy one bike after the other (without even making much fuss) and once she has more bikes than you, you can just say, 'Well, you have 5 bikes, I have only 4, so I'll go and buy another one now!" and she won't be able to complain :P

Or something along like that ....

Dave, I'm very glad to hear you're out of the hospital, even though it sounds you didn't follow the correct procedures.
iross

Post by iross »

"Correct procedures" = "not riding your bike into a ditch", I think...
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Rita - that hasn't worked for me at all!! I bought my wife very high end women's trail bike - and yes, she is fully addicted now as well, but it certainly hasn't helped my fiscal expenditure restrictions. I even took her mountain biking in Costa Rica this year! I feel lucky to have what I do have - but I'm still quite a few of the 'dirty dozen' as suggested in another discussion on the forum!

Super Dave - glad to hear you're good to go. That was a tad scary - crashes like that remind us all how quickly things can go wrong despite all of our experience and precautions. Maybe next time, at least try it on the 'cross bike, eh!?!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

what can you trade? Can you paint? somthing pleasing in next year's colour... give it a try - or tri if needed...
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
wonger

Post by wonger »

Lister here on Geoff's account. Dave, hope you're feeling better. (We're in Penticton mtbing, doing epic 4 hour rides , of which 3 hours are climbing. I think I have sympathetic broken ribs Dave from breathing too hard.)

Where did the fall happen? We were trying to place that ditch in the photo, but can't quite.
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

Hey Lister,
The ditch which I will endeavor to avoid in the future in on the second half of the S bend on Mt Doug cross road ( takes us over to Blenkinsop from Shelbourne) I,m very jealous of your ride in Penticton, and anybody else,s ride anywhere for that matter. Hopefully this will be my TURN as far as falls go and the future will be plain sailing. Haven'T seen my Lemond yet but Alan thought the damage was minor (bike STEEL, me MUSH) Will have to go shopping for a new lid though.

Thought i would go for morning coffee as Fairfield Starbucks this morning,but took a couple T3 at around 4 this morning and snored (or so i,m told) till 7:45. Will try to get the coffees in on Tuesday A:M at Shoal Point Moka.

Cheers.
# 9
Rob Mickelberry

Post by Rob Mickelberry »

[quote="Rita"]You guys make me laugh! :lol: You know the trick to get your wife to agree to a new bike is to have her involved in this cycling business!

Brian Sinclair has the best way to get a new bike...... purchase a pair of Durace earings at the same time!

Glad to hear you are doing alright Dave. Have a speedy recovery!
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Hey Dave, got lost in the fog and ended up in Nanaimo on Friday morning. Glad you are healing. OUCH OUCH OUCH.
With regards to Dura-Ace earrings, one can always judge reactions to a new bike, and decide whether Dura-Ace or Ultegra will do. Don't even think of 105 or anything campagnolo.
Tutto il rosa della vita