What's for breakfast?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

Re: What's for breakfast?

Post by sylvan »

I'm planning on trying a sausage roll for breakfast followed by a 6-hour ride on water only. I believe this is a technique that has been employed by cyclists of high repute and I'm hoping that this may result in substantial weight loss due to muscle cannibalization.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Sylvan, I thought you had a great idea for a pre-ride meal when you posted THIS... :twisted:
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I'm taking up smoking.....actually Bruce got me into the idea. He tells me there's nothing like a good smoke before a long ride. He was carrying a pack with him in his jersey pocket on saturday, but he wasn't offering.....

Not really nutrition per se, but I think the weight loss should improve my climbing.

I've decided the best way to start is cold turkey, or maybe hot turkey is the correct term. So, I went straight to a pack a day.

I'll see how it goes over the next couple weeks. If this doesn't work, Tom Boonen has some other techniques I might have a look at.....
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Mmm. Sausage rolls.

Dr. Brian: I want to get you started on:
fluid intake, or sodium losses/replacement.
At risk of expanding this thread beyond breakfast to riding nutrition generally, I'd like to hear whatever you have to say. I've learned a ton from each of your well-informed posts.

Having been reared from a young age on Swiss sausages, I've always been a salt-fiend. But my post-ride sodium cravings sometimes reach the point of manic depravity, err.... deprivation. :twisted: I sometimes end up eating crap like this -- just for the 2700-mg-sodium-hit-in-a-bowl.

Should I start salting my coffee, instead?
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Josh.E wrote:I'm taking up smoking.....actually Bruce got me into the idea. He tells me there's nothing like a good smoke before a long ride. ..
hmmm I thought you smoked after boinking, not when bonking. Rolf we should just sit down and talk after a ride, and bring Lawless into the string. BTW PISE does sodium/sweat rate testing. Maybe that is the next big thing?
Tutto il rosa della vita
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Bryan Shipley